Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, been a fan of the site for a while now and have gotten a lot of great info, so thanks for that. and if this is a thread elsewhere, i am sorry.

yesterday was driving and the truck shut-off on me. once i got it to the side of the road i tried to restart. it would crank up for about 5 secs, the first couple ran fine then it dropped rpms would shake then cut-off. recently just had my recall on the ecm relay. called the dealer they gave me another just incase of bad relay. didnt fix it. all the other signs pointed to ipdm or fuel pump. ipdm was the cheaper of the 2, i got one from a dealer, installed it, and still wont run. all signs point to fuel pump but when you turn the truck "on" you can hear it the pump. so...... any of you guys had or heard of anything like this?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Guess what, my Titan is doing the same thing. I had the relay replaced in Feb. But me and the fam were heading out of town the other day and the truck just turned off. Pulled over and tried and tried to get it started..... after about 3 mins it started and ran really rough then fine. But if i dont keep my foot on the throttle it sometimes dies. Pulled my fuel line off under the hood, thinking it would be the pump but it dumps fuel out, then if you try to start it, it does send a good bit of fuel. Not sure if its enough since I dont have a pressure gauge that will hook up to the titan. if you figure anything out let me know please.

·
Registered
19 Posts
also when i get it started if Im really gentle with the throttle, I can get the RPMs up to about 3000 before it acts like theres a rev limiter..... LOST

·
Registered
506 Posts
Had this issue two years ago. I was driving on my way to work and it hesitated a little while on the road, so when I get on the road to my job it did it again and then shuts off and I rolled in to my job's parking lot!!! Tried starting it it turned over once and ran for 5 seconds and shut off. It was my fuel pump, was under warranty so it was replaced. Our titans don't have a secondary fuel filter and it sucks in a way but is also good. But once a month I put a can of sea foam injector cleaner in it, don't want that to happen again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts