Nissan Titan Forum banner

Fuel pump recommendations

6K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Nick Name 
#1 ·
Looking for recommendations for a good brand of fuel pump for my 08. It's flex fuel, 159" wheelbase.
I've found lots of listings for airtex and Carter, but not really good reviews of them

#2 ·
Get the OEM from the dealer or from an online source like Courtesyparts..com. This is not a repair you want to do more than once.

My brother and I have had problems with aftermarket fuel pumps, so it's OEM for us from now on.

#5 ·
buy an OEM pump. It’s spendy but worth it. I bought a lifetime warranty pump from O’Reilly and replaced it 18 months later. After 1 week I had the same no start issue except I could hear the pump running. When I dropped the tank and pulled the pump AGAIN, I found this hose wasn’t properly clamped and blew off. So I got my money back and spent the money....
in 7 years that I owned the truck, the only real issue I had was the fuel pump, 3 replacements before I just ponied up the dough..... save yourself the headache and buy OEM....
Just my $.02

#7 ·
I've been using Walbro replacement pump motors since the '80's for quite a few different brand vehicles as well as racing, and have yet to regret it. That said.....some US based company is supplying the pump assemblies to Nissan. They aren't being brought here from Japan suppliers unless something has recently changed. Perhaps buying OEM isn't really buying something not available elsewhere.

#8 · (Edited)
I don't know who supplies nissan's fuel pumps, but if you can find out and get it cheaper somewhere else, I don't see why that would be an issue. However for some reason, from what i've heard, never had one fail myself, fuel pumps are best obtained through a dealer. Maybe only because people are not diligent in getting the same exact part through other means, or maybe its more difficult than typical?

#9 ·
If you have to pull one, compare it to the Bosch. Over 90% of fuel injected vehicles sold in the US are using OE from them. Their aftermarket is exactly the same product. There may be one or two vehicle models with Denso, but Nissan isn't making any of those.

From time to time insider publications like Automotive World have articles that are a good resource of who's supplying who with what.

I think what many fail to realize about "OEM is better than aftermarket" is that vehicle production is close to 85% or greater based on outsourced components in today's world and merely assembled. Some components are supplied by as many as five vendors...all to a spec that would make it impossible to tell one from another. With the just in time process that is in place, no manufacturer of vehicles can risk one source of a component crapping out for any reason and that which then stops a line from working. There are few parts that are single sourced in today's motor vehicle business.

Another wrinkle is that after a certain period of years after a model year has been on the road, the mfr can and often does move the parts production to a non original producer to free up 'preferred vendor' capacity for current production...usually based on generation changes or design changes based on usage reporting of actual failures.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.