Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Titan LE and I have taken it back for service now for the third time. Fuel gauge wont show full after fill up and I never know how much gas is in the thing. Also messes with the computer telling me how many miles to empty. Brand new it would be over 400 miles to empty. Now it will not read over 380. The dealer tells me the sending unit for the fuel system is bad and they keep replacing it. Any others having same trouble?

·
Registered
71 Posts
i've had my fuel sending unit replaced for the same reason. it now reads completely full.

weird thing happened to me yesterday though. i left the truck running while i filled up because it was freezing out. i was watching the gauge in the truck as i was pumping the gas. it was almost fill when the nozzle kicked out and the gas gauge snapped to 3/4 full from full. it took a few minutes to get back to full. best to shut the truck off i guess. damn gas gauges are sensitive.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got the truck back from the dealer. They are honest in telling me they have no freaking idea whats wrong. Now they are telling me the gauge cluster could be broke. Of course they filled it up with gas and the problem would not replicate. Oh well, wait till it happens again and drop it off again.

·
Registered
222 Posts
did they actually replace the sending unit three times? the chances of the original plus three replacements being bad are slim to none.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts