Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the tank and filler neck replaced per TSB repair that the service manager noticed. Now when I fill up the pump shuts off once full but the gauge is only showing 3/4 full. The next day it might show it on full or the day after that but the next time it will show over full and stay there after driving 50-60 miles and we all know these trucks don't get that kinda MPG.
Has anyone else had this issue without the tank replacement or with it?
I feel they damaged the fuel pump?

·
Registered
2020 Nissan Titan Pro-4X 2006 Nissan Titan SE (sold)
174 Posts
I was going to post a similar thread until I saw yours. Mine did the same thing to me, pump clicks that the tank is full, needle didn't show that it was full, computer range still showed the same amount, and the next day after a few hours of driving, showed the same range. Tank finally updated, but the range didn't budge until I went to fill her up again. I'll ask my salesman this coming week, as I am dropping the truck off for a clear bra.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I emailed my service advisor to let her know. I'm sure I'll get some silly answer. I told them last time I had a dash rattle and they told me where the noise was coming from was under that panel on the drivers side of the dash and was told that was an airbag. I took the panel off and there's nothing there except wires, the back of the instrument cluster and a few bars and bolts. lol

·
Registered
174 Posts
I emailed my service advisor to let her know. I'm sure I'll get some silly answer. I told them last time I had a dash rattle and they told me where the noise was coming from was under that panel on the drivers side of the dash and was told that was an airbag. I took the panel off and there's nothing there except wires, the back of the instrument cluster and a few bars and bolts. lol
What year is your Titan, and what trim?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2017 SV with comfort package whatever that means. Has a lot of extras. Just not the NissanConnect. I was told by some people on the forums the noise coming from the tank while filling up was normal. The dealer said no it isn’t. They have a TSB for it. Fixed for free

·
Registered
174 Posts
Filled up again today just to see if the last fill-up was going to work. Sadly, still didn't report a full tank, and the range didn't update. Hoping this doesn't become a thing.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Dealership is going to look at this today. I hope that there is an update to fix this issue. One thing I noticed, the fuel door has an excessive amount of grease around the neck. Hopefully there arent some components that were damaged from all the grease on the neck.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Service department insists that they couldn't find any codes to confirm anything was going wrong with the fuel gauge sensors. I tend to get that often, "could not duplicate customer's observed symptom".....

Oh well, my plan is to drive it to near empty, and try doing a full fill-up. Might give me sticker shock as I rarely let my gas tanks get below 1/2 a tank.

·
Registered
410 Posts
There is a service bulletin almost recall/recall about this issue which requires dealer at no charge to replace the fuel level sender. this is not new

·
Registered
174 Posts
There is a service bulletin almost recall/recall about this issue which requires dealer at no charge to replace the fuel level sender. this is not new
The service advisor at my dealership didn't seem to know much about it, not that they ever know real specific things about individual vehicles. I decided to drive around a while before I filled up, let it get to just under 3/4ths (it's painful for me to let it get below 1/2 a tank) and filled it up without any issue. I wonder if it just has something to do with how quickly I filled it up when it started having issues, as I only let it get down to about 6-7 gallons. I won't fill it up again for a while to see if I can duplicate a successful fill-up in succession.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Filled up again with only about 4 gallons from a full tank, and the same thing happened, needle took a few miles to update and range did not update. I'll let the tank run past 1/4 a gallon again and test it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Filled up again with the needle just north of the 3/4ths mark and the needle initially didn't budge. Range stayed the same as well. Going to let the needle get to about the 1/2 tank mark before I fill up. The part that's aggravating is that I'm desperately trying to cycle through the dealer's 87 octane, so I make every excuse to fill up as offer as I can.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Got just below the 1/2 tank mark and figured I'd fill up. Needle and range adjusted as it should've. I figure I'll try to duplicate my test with a fill-up after it dips around the 1/2 mark again soon. I'll test it with fill-ups near the 3/4 mark again after this next fill-up. I think it may just have to do with me filling up the tank so soon in between fill-ups.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts