Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,451 Posts
According to Nissan they expressly say it will cause an issue, maybe not on your last truck but you may find out differently now. The truck was made to run on regular and according to my friend who was a chemist for SunOilCo=Sunoco, you’re gaining nothing and just making his stock shares rise. Different octanes burn at different rates so on some vehicles it’s a go and on others it doesn’t do anything.
I have a cold air intake on my SRT8 Challenger, it does nothing other than make Airaid wealthier and make cool sucking sounds when I get the 500 ponies stirred up and gallop, it doesn’t add fuel mileage ever.
for what they cost you’ll take a long time to make the money spent worthwhile. That car was spec’d to run on premium.
Welcome to the forum, enjoy your time here.

Clint

·
Registered
5 Posts
According to Nissan they expressly say it will cause an issue, maybe not on your last truck but you may find out differently now. The truck was made to run on regular and according to my friend who was a chemist for SunOilCo=Sunoco, you’re gaining nothing and just making his stock shares rise. Different octanes burn at different rates so on some vehicles it’s a go and on others it doesn’t do anything.
I have a cold air intake on my SRT8 Challenger, it does nothing other than make Airaid wealthier and make cool sucking sounds when I get the 500 ponies stirred up and gallop, it doesn’t add fuel mileage ever.
for what they cost you’ll take a long time to make the money spent worthwhile. That car was spec’d to run on premium.
Welcome to the forum, enjoy your time here.

Clint
You can say what you and so forth that is your opinion but my gmc had the best fuel mileage besides running a cold air intake and other mods I got 25 to 30mpg on premium fuel I always topped off never had a issue. You can talk about your dodge all you want I could care less I had one and there probably the worst vehicles by far. Just my opinion I guess.

·
Registered
56 Posts
My '05 (267,000) whistled like a tea pot just before it clicks. Then it'll take 2~3 more gals to top it off, never had evap problems. Tried to syphon it out once to replace the fuel pump at 230,000 (just because, before a long trip) but there's a plastic collar with slates blocking the filler neck at the tank (to stop syphoning theft I guess). Anyway, I left the collar out since I've had a locking cap all this time, it stopped whistling, but it still takes a couple gals to top it off.

·
Premium Member
3,451 Posts
My '05 (267,000) whistled like a tea pot just before it clicks. Then it'll take 2~3 more gals to top it off, never had evap problems. Tried to syphon it out once to replace the fuel pump at 230,000 (just because, before a long trip) but there's a plastic collar with slates blocking the filler neck at the tank (to stop syphoning theft I guess). Anyway, I left the collar out since I've had a locking cap all this time, it stopped whistling, but it still takes a couple gals to top it off.
Do you think the slats act like a reed and howls? I for some unknown reason had two fill ups back to back and it filled silently. Now it’s backs to its usual sounds.

Clint

21 - 25 of 25 Posts