Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just a question for you guys i have an 07 cc xe and i was just wondering if in first gear when you open it full throttle is there a restriction in 1st gear? and if there is, can it be overriden?
:cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
Its Nissan's torque management I too notice this on my 07, where my 04 had that cool jumpy throttle I miss:crying: . I'm waiting for the VK Pro from Stilllen for my 07, I am not sure if this eliminates this issue or not, hopefully.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,308 Posts
BigJ said:
Its Nissan's torque management I too notice this on my 07, where my 04 had that cool jumpy throttle I miss:crying: . I'm waiting for the VK Pro from Stilllen for my 07, I am not sure if this eliminates this issue or not, hopefully.
No it won't. If you want it removed, go to uprev.com and order osiris. You will get lots of pwoer!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yep thats what im talking about, my buddy here at work has a 04 but it feels like it has more balls off the line than my truck does, or am i just tripping?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
Warp09 said:
No it won't. If you want it removed, go to uprev.com and order osiris. You will get lots of pwoer!
thanks for the info, I'm just holding out for the VK.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
31,154 Posts
I drove a new Pro4X a while back and know what you are talking about...

Maybe it will wake up after you get more miles on her..

Mine is a beast outta the hole with the few bolt ons and timing advance i have ..

Good luck...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
GR8WHITE said:
just a question for you guys i have an 07 cc xe and i was just wondering if in first gear when you open it full throttle is there a restriction in 1st gear? and if there is, can it be overriden?
:cheers:
Yes there is a restriction.

I bought Osiris so I don't have to worry about this anymore.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
GR8WHITE said:
how did it feel after the osiris?
Well, like you I too found out about this the hard way and was very disappointed. What could I do, I wasn't about to return the truck because of this so I started looking for options. This seemed to be a big issue in the Titan community, and I quickly found out I wasn't alone. I was told to check out www.uprev.com. I was told Osiris tune would allow me to have WOT at 0 plus extra performance, and I could get my tune updated every time I changed something on my truck. I was pretty much sold and Osiris fit what I wanted out of any tune, the ability to update. I waited about two and half weeks before I got my tune because the 07's are newer. But oh boy was it ever worth the wait! I was in for a big treat! Immediately you can notice the tune, just like getting a new truck. What was funny was other longtime Uprev tuned owners tilling me that my tune was going to get better with time. I'm not trying to tell you to go out and buy this tune for $$$. That is something you'll have to decide.

Let me finish by saying that this is only my first tune. They were having problems with the 07 WB 02 sensors, however there is an update, which addresses this. I'm only on my first tune, I already have a data log into Uprev and I'm just waiting for another tune. Should be even better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
TitanMadness808 said:
Well, like you I too found out about this the hard way and was very disappointed. What could I do, I wasn't about to return the truck because of this so I started looking for options. This seemed to be a big issue in the Titan community, and I quickly found out I wasn't alone. I was told to check out www.uprev.com. I was told Osiris tune would allow me to have WOT at 0 plus extra performance, and I could get my tune updated every time I changed something on my truck. I was pretty much sold and Osiris fit what I wanted out of any tune, the ability to update. I waited about two and half weeks before I got my tune because the 07's are newer. But oh boy was it ever worth the wait! I was in for a big treat! Immediately you can notice the tune, just like getting a new truck. What was funny was other longtime Uprev tuned owners tilling me that my tune was going to get better with time. I'm not trying to tell you to go out and buy this tune for $$$. That is something you'll have to decide.

Let me finish by saying that this is only my first tune. They were having problems with the 07 WB 02 sensors, however there is an update, which addresses this. I'm only on my first tune, I already have a data log into Uprev and I'm just waiting for another tune. Should be even better.

Wow looks pretty cool idea! 700 for a computer program and a cable is a little steep but I guess it probably took a lot of work to write the program.


My 04 seems to go full throttle from 0 on so I guess my question is, Would this help older titans?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
lowlypawn said:
Wow looks pretty cool idea! 700 for a computer program and a cable is a little steep but I guess it probably took a lot of work to write the program.


My 04 seems to go full throttle from 0 on so I guess my question is, Would this help older titans?
Yeah, I would say so. I imagine that these guys put a lot of time and effort into this product. The Cipher software and the Osiris program are top notch. Just the fact that you can retune your truck every time to add a new MOD is amazing.

As for the 04 Titans, I don't see why an ECU tune wouldn't enhance engine performance. I would think any Titan (unless you have an 08 which I hear they're working on).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
392 Posts
lowlypawn said:
Wow looks pretty cool idea! 700 for a computer program and a cable is a little steep but I guess it probably took a lot of work to write the program.


My 04 seems to go full throttle from 0 on so I guess my question is, Would this help older titans?
None of them are WOT stock.(at zero that is; 2wd is wot at about 40, 4wd is wot at about 14) The uprev will really wake your truck up. And as far as the money?:-Unichip is around that much and VK pro isn't that much less. That's where my money is goin-UPREV.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
92,554 Posts
GR8WHITE said:
the uprev like the super chip where you can only do one truck, right?
Yep. One per customer... But, you can do multiple tunes on that vehicle. If you add performance mods, you can get a re-tune. You can also have several tunes at once, like highway cruisin, drag strip, in-town, etc.... and toggle between them at will.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
heres another one for you guys i am having the 2+ timing advance done tomorrow and if you get the uprev does this need to be removed and returned to stock, or does the uprev reflash remove this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
GR8WHITE said:
heres another one for you guys i am having the 2+ timing advance done tomorrow and if you get the uprev does this need to be removed and returned to stock, or does the uprev reflash remove this?
I forgot about this before I did my flash. Luckily I didn't toggle into my performance tune before I remembered I didn't take it off. When I checked it, it still showed the 2*. So I guess it's no it won't. Though if you ever get Osiris it comes with Cipher and you can take it off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
Titan4mde said:
None of them are WOT stock.(at zero that is; 2wd is wot at about 40, 4wd is wot at about 14) The uprev will really wake your truck up. And as far as the money?:-Unichip is around that much and VK pro isn't that much less. That's where my money is goin-UPREV.

Are u sure?

When I take off my VDC and punch it the burn out is ridiculous. Especially when making a U-turn.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,031 Posts
SS Trailblazer 2007
Performance
Base Number of Cylinders: 8 Base Engine Size: 6 liters
Base Engine Type: V8 Horsepower: 395 hp
Max Horsepower: 5400 rpm Torque: 400 ft-lbs.
Max Torque: 4400 rpm Maximum Payload: 1505 lbs.
Maximum Towing Capacity: 6800 lbs. Drive Type: RWD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
392 Posts
lowlypawn said:
Are u sure?

When I take off my VDC and punch it the burn out is ridiculous. Especially when making a U-turn.
Yep. It's built into the ecu's from the factory. Armada's have WOT at 1mph because of the weight. If you bought it new, and haven't changed it, it is that way.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top