Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beercan321 started a thread about being insulted for considering a Titan over the big 3 trucks.
Congratulations on your new Titan Beercan! Glad you didn't let the small minded change your preference.

But he brought up a great point... how many of us HAVEN'T at one time or another been on the recieving end of insults from owners of a big 3 truck. We need a collection of these for amusement and ammunition to respond to future insults.

I'll start with two...

My best buddy who is still a Silverado man has been itching to race and is convinced he's gonna beat me with his smaller v8. After I had been driving the Titan about a month he dropped by the house to help me load the trailer.
He says..." So now you've been driving it a while, you still think you can beat the Silverado?" I just said " Well I think your right. It would be a lot closer than I thought " Just as the grin goes wide on his face I said " You did mean with me pulling the trailer, didn't you??"
That Pizzed him off! lol

Number two:
This numbnutz in a blue Dodge Hemi is next to me as we go thru a series of stoplights. First he's eyeballing the titan. Then he jumps on and off the throttle between lights trying to provoke me into racing. That's about the time I noticed the cop in the parking lot ahead. We stop at the light and now he's leaning out of the Dodge trying to get me to roll down the window. So I do. He yells.... So duz that thang burn rice??? Ha Ha Ha and looks over at his buddy in the seat next to him like he had said something really original.

I yelled back..." No .... Mostly it likes to burn azzholes like you in Hemis!"
At that moment the light turns green and I burp the throttle just enough to make him think I was gonna leave him, but not enough to draw the cop[s attention. I'm thinking Man I hope he didn't see that cop.
He didn't.
He mashes the gas a moment after I did and lit em up looking over at me and laughing his butt off as he flys by.
Being the good citizen I am, I stopped and yielded the right of way to the good officer with the flashing blue lights. Gotta love when justice prevails!

OK your turn......... Lets hear what that wiseazz that had to open his piehole and say to insult the Titan and what you said and/or did to put them in their place.

·
Registered
942 Posts
When one of those dodge hemi owners says , "so your Titan has a 5.6, right?"
Of course you as a proud Titan owner say "yes".
Then the dodge owner says "well, I have the 5.7 Hemi."
Then you can respond by saying, "yea, I figure you will need that extra tenth of a liter to keep up with me."

·
Registered
321 Posts
As of right now, nobody has said anything bad to me about me truck.

Now the car on the other hand.......

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
so I like to hang out during the noonish hours at a buddy's truck parts store... a pesticide business owner (has some bucks) has one of those 1 of 1000 stickered Dodge Ram trucks that is black w/ checkered flag sticker stripes and logos stuck all over the black paint job... one day, he comes in to spend money and sees my Titan, glistening, in front of the shop doorway... the guy says, "what's that a Yota?" I say "nope, it's a Titan, made by Nissan"... he walks around it, looking up and down, then says, "5.6 hunh? does it have power?" I respond, "yup, 305 stock, enuf to take a Hemi any day..." He answers back, "well, mine is one of only one thousand produced..." I respond to that, "I guess after the thousandth one Dodge finally figured they wouldn't be able to get it right, and quit making 'em hunh???" He just gave me a dumbfounded look and walked away...

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
I dont think i can top the cops & blue hemi story above ever. Thats classic. My wife's dad was union working at Dunlop Tires all his life. He never had anything good to say about the Titan or any import. But one day i drove it over there after it was washed and shiny. We were talking outside and says "well look there, it's got some flakes in the paint kinda like a bass boat." That was my shining moment. LOL

·
Registered
511 Posts
When receiving flack about driving an import truck I tell them I wanted to buy an American made truck so I looked at Toyota and Nissan. The big 3 are made in Mexico or Canada I tell them. They grow strangely silent when they process the fact THEY are driving an import.

Not that it matters, I just really don't trust the big three after owning imports.

·
Banned
138 Posts
I've recieved the imports are like tampons, every ***** has one comment once or twice, from like 3 guys here in MI who think they are really orginal now here is a comeback for that

domestics area piece of shi+, and every assho!e has one

·
Registered
691 Posts
i havent had anyone say anything bad to me about my truck
but that is probably because it is bigger thatn their crap

or in the case of, say lifted Fords or Chevys

that say
WOW my truck isnt the only big boy on the block

and mine only has a 2" levelng kit lol

·
Registered
723 Posts
My co worker had a hemi p/u and we had to go do an grand opening/open house for one our customers stores ( an electronics and heating/air conditioning store). There was limited parking space, so the manager asked if we could hop the curb and park our trucks up on the grass field next to the building. He is a really bad driver and had problems manuvering through the parking lot to squeeze by a delivery truck by the loading dock and get over to the curb. There were a bunch of people lined up outside waiting to go in and I came running over to his truck by waving my hands. He rolled down his window and asked what was wrong. I replied that he should go ahead and wait for me to go get the Titan and a tow rope to pull him up over the curb. His face turned beet red and everyone on outside starting roaring with laughter. It was pretty classic. After ragging on my import for 2.5 years, he just went and bought a Tundra. Poor ugly @$$ thing!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Here's one. Last Saturday I attended a family reunion and it just so happens that one of my relatives is a Toyota salesman, kinda loud and overbearing, and he sat down at my table, started a car convesation, started talking about the Titan and all of their problems. All of the people sitting around me had Nissans, most of them are Titans. He goes on and on about the Titans brake problems and rearend failures. And then I ask him what ia Toyota doing about all the low milage transmision failures, the camshafts breaking, the bed flex problems and just overall poor ride. He said he hadn't heard of any of that. I told him I get updates every day. (thanks ya'll) To bad I didn't know about the tailgates. That look on his face would have been priceless. I didn't bump into him for the rest of the day, but I did sell another Titan. They should pick it up in a few days.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I guess when someone finally insults mine i'll post something. I get nothing but compliments about my truck from the other big 3 owners.

·
Premium Member
75,179 Posts
Everyone loves the Titan. Anytime I have to help some one move they can't get over how handy the utilitrack system is. The back seat also gets rave reviews due to the ammount of space adults have even with a baby seat in the middle.

I've never once had "ugh we have to take the truck" uttered. it's usualy "we're taking the Titan, Right?"

I've noticed that it's not really referred to as a truckby those that know me, moreso Titan. Those that don't usually say "how do you like your truck" to which i reply "I love my Titan"

·
Registered
433 Posts
My comebacks sound like a Magnaflow.....

Great stories, some of these are hilarious.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Haha yeah I got a buddy that likes to call my truck a Datsun. Even though he won't put his modded 350 Chevy against mine on the street lol

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
just tell them to "put up, or shut up!"

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I live in a small town. So you pretty much know most everybody or have seen them. There's this young group of boys that are all into the ricer thing. They got hondas and acuras and mitsi's and stuff. Well they use to always give me hell about wantn to race so they could " outrun a v8 truck with there 4 bangers"... Yea riite... It wasn't too much longer and i finally got all of them under the belt... Gotta love shown em what the f*ks up!!!! :smoke: Now they just wave or want me to burn the ole skins down a little.......

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
LOL - I want a tshirt that says "Yellow racing stripes do not make you faster."

·
Registered
143 Posts
I had a Dodge owner ask me why I was driving a Japanese truck.

I said that it was only sold in the U.S.A., was made in Mississippi with an engine made in Nashville, and that his Dodge was made in Mexico. I also said we can't even buy aftermarket accessories from Canada or Australia since the Titan's aren't sold there, but he probably could since his Dodge was sold anywhere people wanted to buy it.

He looked hurt. shut up, and left.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
portbarre_titan said:
i need a comeback for a co worker who drives a ford diesel f-250 4+4 always ragging me on my DATSUN in which here refers to my titan any help ??

OK try this next time that Ford guy calls it a Datsun.
Tell him it's obvious now why he drives a Ford... If there's more than four letters you get all confused!

Tell him you considered the others but couldn't make up your mind if you wanted a truck that had plenty of power or was fun to drive or a truck with really great looks so you bought the Titan to have it all!:boxing:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts