Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 08 still makes that sound that I cannot figure out. Dealer is still stumped. It is mostly on happens on acceleration. Does not do it when cold, kinda sounds like a bad speedo cable, ( I know we dont have one). Both Exhaust manifolds have been replaced, you can only hear it from inside the truck. Tried the grounding kit and most everything else I have read here. It is definately tied to the gas pedal, more pedal, more noise. Dealer says they have heard other titans do it too. Almost like a slight whistling thru the dash vents, but the fan and a/c make no difference. Anyone run across a fix for this?

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Is it coming through the speakers?

·
Registered
229 Posts
^^^ This. Do you have an aftermarket sound system? Noise gets louder as rpms go up? Could be your audio wiring, certain wires shouldn't cross or run near each other.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good thoughts, but the stereo is stock and you hear it when its on or off. Its coming from the dash area, only guess from the dealer is intake noise.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Can you record the sound possibly? A possible faulty alternator can induce voltage noise into the cars electric system and cause odd noises like this.

·
Registered
221 Posts
does it sound almost like a turbo spooling up, but not as loud? I have something like that in my truck and have no idea what it is. I assumed it has to be something with air intake, as it only does it on acceleration.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dont know how else to describe it, hotter it is, louder it is. More pedal, more sound, almost like a slight chirping coming from the ac vents. At first we all thought it sounded like the fan squirrel cage. It drives me crazy, only way to stop it is to turn up the radio.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I know this may sound stange, but if my cell phone adds some noise through my speakers if I have it sitting in the little tray above the radio. Probably not your issue but something else to look at.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts