Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI: I towed a Nissan 200SX SE-R on an 18' trailer (+/- 4000 lbs.) to Houston last night with my new Titan (1100 miles) and got what I thought was a very respecatable 11.82 MPG.
This was towing through some small towns up and down at 70MPH +/-

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
If you keep the speed down to below the sound barrier, it will get a lot better.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I think that is great mileage considering you have the big tow...

Karl

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Derwud said:
If you keep the speed down to below the sound barrier, it will get a lot better.
Which sounds barrier might that be? I got back home at 2:30 am as it was and had the be back in my office @ 8:00 am....... so I guess I should have slowed down and then I could have just driven straight back to the office with no sleep at all............ :)

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
70 mph with a trailer is a little scary, that's all.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Derwud said:
70 mph with a trailer is a little scary, that's all.
Ya, I guess I'm use to it in AZ but you're right. The majority of peple pull their trailers between 65-70 mph on the flat's here. That is the one thing Cal has done right with their legislation...55 mph speed limit for pulling trailer's.

Karl

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
I did a mileage test with my loaner out to Mojave while towing my trailer. I was doing 65-70 all the way out and that included up some of steep grades, (Yes, 65 up some of those steep, long grades). I used a tank and a half. On the way back, I kept it below 65, (mostly 60) and used 3/4's of a tank. Speed cost, how much do you want to pay.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Derwud said:
I did a mileage test with my loaner out to Mojave while towing my trailer. I was doing 65-70 all the way out and that included up some of steep grades, (Yes, 65 up some of those steep, long grades). I used a tank and a half. On the way back, I kept it below 65, (mostly 60) and used 3/4's of a tank. Speed cost, how much do you want to pay.
Ya, most people don't realize the difference 5-10 mph can make in mileage while towing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts