Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i just bought a 06 no fear titan and cant figure out how to use those garage buttons? Can anyone help thank you guys love the truck and forum.Oh yea i did not get the owners manual with the truck i got it used with 30,000 mi

·
Registered
184 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
have some one help u program it makes it alot easier

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
The HomeLink section is on page 2-51. Just so you don't have to go searching through all 360 pages to find it...:cheers:

·
Registered
198 Posts
It's definately a 2 person job. 1 needs to be on the ladder to press the button on the door opener
& someone needs to be in the truck to press the HomeLink button.

It's not very forgiving & it took me several tries to make it hook up.

Also, don't skip the initial step of trying to program it with your clicker.
I knew mine had rotating frequencies (most do unless you have a VERY old door opener) & I tried to go right to the learning step.
I simply would not 'take' until I tried the clicker, got the 'error blinks', then did the learning steps.

Have fun !!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Miked1 said:
It's definately a 2 person job. 1 needs to be on the ladder to press the button on the door opener
& someone needs to be in the truck to press the HomeLink button.

It's not very forgiving & it took me several tries to make it hook up.

Also, don't skip the initial step of trying to program it with your clicker.
I knew mine had rotating frequencies (most do unless you have a VERY old door opener) & I tried to go right to the learning step.
I simply would not 'take' until I tried the clicker, got the 'error blinks', then did the learning steps.

Have fun !!
I just used the remote opener and sat in the truck , while i held the truck button the other person held the remote and it programmed.

·
Registered
147 Posts
okay i know this sounds stupid but can u buy these buttons? mine does not come with it and my gf lives in a gated community and its a pain to type in the code every single day and i want to just push the button...

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
silverkorn said:
maybe im wrong but i dont think this would work for a gate, since those are usually hard wired.

this is intended for garage doors
Wrong. Depends on the gate. When I lived in an apartment, I had the Homelink System in my Jeep-- I used it to control two different gates, and my garage doors.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Cmando4Life said:
okay i know this sounds stupid but can u buy these buttons? mine does not come with it and my gf lives in a gated community and its a pain to type in the code every single day and i want to just push the button...
If your gate supports remotes, you can always add a home link system if you don't want factory nissan parts:

search google for Home Link
http://www.gatehousesupplies.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=26&Click=2

·
Registered
147 Posts
Energizer said:
If your gate supports remotes, you can always add a home link system if you don't want factory nissan parts:

search google for Home Link
http://www.gatehousesupplies.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=26&Click=2
sounds good but is there any way that i could not spend over a hundred? haha i mean for that price i might as well do the code everytime. i know the gate supports the remotes but my car does not have that overhead din thing so i dont have the remotes.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Call me paranoid, but if you use the home link and have to park outside for whatever reason, anyone can just break your window and press the button. They need to make these Homelink's so that they turn on and off with the accessory power. I just keep my remote in the truck and take it in when I have to park outside.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
cfdeng3 said:
Call me paranoid, but if you use the home link and have to park outside for whatever reason, anyone can just break your window and press the button. They need to make these Homelink's so that they turn on and off with the accessory power. I just keep my remote in the truck and take it in when I have to park outside.
+1 there... This is the ONLY reason I have never programmed mine.

I noticed on my Jeep its the same way-- power is not tied to the ignition...

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Energizer said:
+1 there... This is the ONLY reason I have never programmed mine.
My opener pad in the garage has a lock button that prevents the door from being opened from anything but the pad or the manual release inside.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Miked1 said:
My opener pad in the garage has a lock button that prevents the door from being opened from anything but the pad or the manual release inside.
yeah.... as does mine... however, you know how many times I have to remember to undo the lockout switch when I leave the house in my car!? I've been stuck outside so many times, good thing I have a key. So what's the point in having the truck programmed if its on lockout all the time?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I can't figure out how to program it. Can I just use the garage opener only? I cleared the memory then I put the opener next to the system and held the two outer buttons. I guess it was suppossed to be a constant light then blink fast then slow but it just went from constant to rapid blink to nothing.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts