Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
I have been using a Stant locking gas cap for 19 months now and no problems.

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
I got one from Autozone for 14 bucks.

·
Registered
268 Posts
The one that I got from autozone over a year ago just started throwing the SES code. Save your factory one just in case. I had to put mine back on.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
gwoziewicz said:
Does anyone know of a locking gas cap that you would recommend?
why do you need one ? i could honestly never picture anyone stealing gas out of my truck lol...

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
killcatzforfun said:
why do you need one ? i could honestly never picture anyone stealing gas out of my truck lol...
For me I do not trust a couple of punks around me. One has parents that will set him straight the other I would like to beat with a wet towel. They both have two cars and no jobs. I don't want to be the one that is paying their gas bill.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Bought one from autozone. Gave me the service engine light everytime i put it on. And after I took it off, the light stayed on until i filled up or when im on a straight away, rev the engine a few times, it turns back off. Problem was, I was supposed to turn the cap until it clicks 3 times, then lock it. I put it on an locked it. SEL never came on after that.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
In this day of $3+/gallon gas, I don't know why manufacturers don't put on a locking gas DOOR as standard equipment. Has anyone tried to retrofit a key lock on the gas door?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought the srant one from pep boys over a year ago, never had a problem w/ it. Of course, as "loudpipes" found out, it works best if you lock it...

·
Registered
190 Posts
People stealing your gas isn't the only reason for a locking gas cap. Many, many years ago some kids put sugar in my mom's conversion van. That could of been an expensive repair if my parents hadn't of noticed it when they did. Luckily I keep my Titan in the garage and at work a security truck is always driving around plus I park in the open so there's no place for anyone to hide.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Some folks want to be malicious because we drive a " Jap" truck

·
Registered
34 Posts
I bought the cap from Courtesy for my '05 when it was new and have not had one problem with it. It ain't cheap though!

·
Registered
356 Posts
I bought one for an Xterra and it worked fine on my 04 Titan. Back then, you could not find one for a Titan for less that 40 bucks. I just traded my 04 XE in on a 07 SE 4WD.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts