Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After filling up my gas gauge drops like a rock, after about 40 miles its near the 3/4 mark. Is anyone having the same experiance? I'm not getting very good gas mileage av. about 13 mpg. My titan has 1000 miles. Any sugestions? thanks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mine is closer to 50 miles at 3/4. That is ok with me. Most cars I have had were the other way around with only a few miles in the last 1/4 of a tank. The Titan seems to have a huge last 1/4. I like it.
Living here in California, with monster gas prices, I am going over 50 bucks for a tank more often than not. :crying: I noticed that at some gas stations the pumps shut off at 50 bucks and won't let you put any more in. Just thought I would mention that. :cheers:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Gas gauge reading

[I also noticed gauge drops fast at first .This ok with me as I would rather have more left at the bottom .On my first road trip found my gauge on E no station in site :crying: yellow lite was on sited station :hat: filled up with 24gl.therfore had 4left .My in town milage is 14, highway is 16.7with 3500miles on the truck.Not bad for all the power and weight.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mr.walleye said:
[I also noticed gauge drops fast at first .This ok with me as I would rather have more left at the bottom .On my first road trip found my gauge on E no station in site :crying: yellow lite was on sited station :hat: filled up with 24gl.therfore had 4left .My in town milage is 14, highway is 16.7with 3500miles on the truck.Not bad for all the power and weight.
Thanks, Mr Walleye

·
Registered
473 Posts
It does drop fast for the first quarter, which I would assume is due to the shape of the tank. I tend to get 60 just before the first qtr and 80 on the other side of the line. By 1/2 I am over 175!

·
Registered
495 Posts
At first I get 40 at 3/4 but after the fisrt service at the dealer at 1000 miles I get 60+ at 3/4 tank but my best mpg is 12.6. I do heavy short stop/go trips though. Mine is also a 4x4.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I typically get 60 on first 1/4. I have noticed that I can get quite a bit more gas in the tank after the auto-shut off of the gas pump. Probably 1-2 more gallons after the auto-shut off. That gives me close to 85 on the first 1/4. Like everyone else, the last 1/4 seems to be huge.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mine drops like a rock the whole tank. Mileage on every tank so far has been between 14 and 15 MPG (half in city/ half highway). I've got the Big Tow package and Offroad package, non 4WD. Just had my first oil change at 13XX miles. Maybe it will improve a bit, but I'm not counting on it.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
As I reported after driving from Chicago to Tampa and back, at an overall average speed of 54 mph, I got 14.3 mpg. I have now just over 5200 miles on the truck so you can probably figure 15 mpg to be a good conservative average for this engine based on the type of driving you are doing and the weight you are carrying.

Also, I did this trip without a bed cover and had the back seats fully filled with the seats up. I was able to stack everything we were carrying to just under the bottom lip of the back window, but had to slam the doors to get them to close sometimes (I had an ice chest and a small dresser along with boxes and softsided suitcases in there) as the load filled the width completely.

My wife is concerned about putting anything in the bed without a cover so I have yet to see the utility of having a truck. :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm at 86 miles and still a hair over 3/4.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Something smells fishy! J/K... I too get around 85-95 miles with the first quarter, then it drops off the edge from there. Right now I am at 240 miles and right at 1/4 tank. I usually fill up right about now, but I read that the last 1/4 lasts a lot longer than the other 1/4's, so I am going to wait for the light to come on. We'll see...

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
How far has anyone gone from the time the gas light comes on?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm getting about a 100 miles a 1/4, with the light coming on at around 360 or so. It's been very consistent at 100 miles per 1/4 tank.

I have 226 miles on it right now, and it's sitting right at 1/2 tank. Mixed highway/city driving.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Titan Greg said:
I'm getting about a 100 miles a 1/4, with the light coming on at around 360 or so. It's been very consistent at 100 miles per 1/4 tank.

I have 226 miles on it right now, and it's sitting right at 1/2 tank. Mixed highway/city driving.
I also am finding that I am getting around 100 miles per quarter mark. Haven't heard or seen the warning bell/light yet and I have put in up to 25 gallons once. I figure that it will go off around the time the truck passes the last station in 25 miles on a one-way street with no place to turn around (unless I decide to see how well the 4WD works on the fly).

·
Registered
90 Posts
Titan Greg said:

I filled up last night 22 gallons (my low fuel light was on) and only 286 miles. I drive very conservatively, keeping it at or under 2000 rpm and below 70 mph with a combination of city/hwy driving. I have 3400 miles on my 2WD CC SE and consistantly get 13 mpg. I wish I knew how some of you guys were getting 15 or 16 mpg. I even have had the dealer check it out to make sure I was not running rich.

·
Registered
56 Posts
That does seem kind of low compared to what others have been posting. I have had my LE CC for 6 wonderful days now and on my first tank got 14.7. That was mostly city driving. I will fill up today again and I am guessing it will be about the same. I am taking it out of town this weekend so I will get to see what happens on the highway.

·
Registered
470 Posts
bg478 said:
I filled up last night 22 gallons (my low fuel light was on) and only 286 miles. I drive very conservatively, keeping it at or under 2000 rpm and below 70 mph with a combination of city/hwy driving. I have 3400 miles on my 2WD CC SE and consistantly get 13 mpg. I wish I knew how some of you guys were getting 15 or 16 mpg. I even have had the dealer check it out to make sure I was not running rich.
Your mileage and driving habits are about the same as mine. I get about 16 on the road. SE KC 2wd. Maybe we should be pushing these engines harder to get the mpg.

I also see the warning light with about 22 gallons. Seems sort of weird with a 28 gallon tank. I called Nissan twice and they said the trucks only had a 24 gallon tank. What's that all about??

·
Registered
473 Posts
I could be where you live, how long you warm it up in the morning, stop lights,etc.

I just broke 4000, and my avg is 15. SE, KC, 4WD, OR, BT I have gotten over 20 on one trip, and as low as 12.6 towing and some 4x4 play.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts