1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
174 Posts
We all knew this going into the purchase, but knowing it doesn't make filling up at the pump any more pleasurable. Best we Titan owners can do, is be gentle on the peddle and try to squeeze the most out of every gallon. My truck just creeped over 2,000 miles, so it is not getting the max mileage it will once the engine is fully broken in. I'm sure once it is to that point, it isn't going to go up much. I got 12.2 miles per gallon on a recent 220 mile trip traveling between 55 and 65 (55 mph zones). Oh, well!

·
Super Moderator
159,630 Posts
Yeah. It's up there. But it's great for towing! :D

·
Premium Member
3,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This Titan is my tenth pick up truck and I use it for business so whatever the cost is I just have to pay for it. That being said I'm surprised it made a list like that. I'd think it would be more behind many other vehicles on the road.
I'll still keep it as I like the ride, the dependability, and most importantly I feel very safe driving it.

Clint

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I find my best gas milage is on the highway traveling between 65 and 70. 2005 CC with big tow package. 15.7 highway, 12 around town. If I drive 50 - 55 on the highway I get 13 mpg. Go figure.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Wow, what a revelation. A V8 full-size truck isn't the most fuel efficient vehicle on the market? Wow, who'd a thunk it?

·
Registered
969 Posts
that's nonsense!!!!!!

we didn't even make it to 3rd place? what's wrong ffs. come on guys, use more gas.

·
Premium Member
92,273 Posts
Hmmmm... Seems there aren't too many cars left OFF of that list. :lol: Keep on truckin!

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
Ive got number 4 and number 8. But I dont spend that much on gas :)

·
Registered
9,557 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
LOL....We won't revisit the topic here but....looks like the people at Forbes.com haven't been contacted by the few amazing Titans on this forum getting Prius mileage! :hahano:

come on now, i got 29mpg today. i just drove 55 all the way back home, and filled up after i made it back. it's really simple.

but seriously, how can we tie with the F150?! this hurts.

·
Registered
108 Posts
meh. The F150 is tied with the Titan. At least we've got some horsepower for the gas used.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
P's Titan said:
were was the Tundra ?

anyways that list like cosumer reports is BS. I know we have a big V8 but looking at some of those it doesn't make sense.
yeah consumer reports personal were probably paid off my Toyoto to make our bad a5s trucks look horrible. They're just jealous because they can't be as innovative as Nissan. Until the Titan, most all trucks were like bloated pieces of crap that were as aerodynamic as a cardboard box! I've never owned any other trucks than Nissan and I plan to keep it that way. I've had 4 to date.

·
Registered
72 Posts
in my opinion if you can afford the payment (if financed) then you can afford the gas.

I actually see a pretty damn good MPG thats based on me driving 60-65 32 miles one way to and from work with minimal actual town driving hardly drive in a "downtown" traffic situation and i am averaging 16.9 MPG since day one of ownership. I am actually averaging MUCH higher now than then. at about 17.2 MPG from my fuel log

·
Registered
102 Posts
pretty dumb list.

How come the Ford F-150 is tied with the Titan, and the Lincoln Mark LT is in number 10?????? If the F-150 and the Lincoln are the same truck??

1 - 18 of 18 Posts