Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, have any of you ever heard a loud howling noise while filling up your truck? My 04 never did it, but my 11 does it everytime. Right when it's about to top off, it will howl for about 5 seconds. It's loud enough that my brother heard it while I was talking to him on the phone! LOL:bump:

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
yeah haha. mine doesnt do it everytime but it does it when the pump is pumping fast. people look at me all the time lol i just like to think it because they like the truck:coolsmile

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Annoying, but normal.

·
Premium Member
77,859 Posts
"The Fill up Flute" is normal. Let's you know when the tank is nearing full. :lol:

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL, well that's good that it's not just mine. I would've been worried! LOL! It was just funny b/c while on the phone with my brother it did it and he was like "What the hell is that howling noise??" :)

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Actually might be a good design to have a warning that the tank is almost full... Doubt it was on purpose though.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Mine whistles from empty to full, doesn't really change pitch either the whole time im filling up. I also noticed that if it pumps too fast, it will stop the pump and sometimes gurgle out of the filler.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My 04 would stop all the time within the first 10 seconds and gas would go everywhere. It happened at least half the time. It was very annoying. I will take the howling over that any day! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts