Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talked with a guy that bought a new Tundra and stated he's been very disapointed with the milage. Said he's getting 9 in town and right around 12 on the highway. Makes me feel good about my 12/15. I beleive he only had around 800 miles on it.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
tailwaters said:
Talked with a guy that bought a new Tundra and stated he's been very disapointed with the milage. Said he's getting 9 in town and right around 12 on the highway. Makes me feel good about my 12/15. I beleive he only had around 800 miles on it.
That is a big bummer now that the gas is going up so fast. I was going to buy one for more tow power but since you said that Im glad I didnt!

·
Registered
758 Posts
As engines get bigger and bigger, gas mileage will keep going down. You'll pay for that horsepower, especially at $3.20/gallon

·
Registered
21 Posts
I bet it goes up once he gets used to the truck. I test drove one the other day and think Nissan has some serious competition. I got about the same mileage on the titan until I got used to driving it. The tundra does have some serious pick up and I can see poor mileage until that red light racing feeling wears off. When on the test drive, an AMG 55 pulled up next to me as I was getting on the freeway, and the tundra pulled away against that. It sounded like he let off towards the end because I could hear the whine of the AMG supercharger die down, but it was still pretty impressive.

·
Registered
969 Posts
their mileage is the same as ours. i've gotten 12 highway with the proper wind and 8 city with the proper traffic (yesterday, i blew 20$ worth of gas in 20 miles or so)

·
Registered
7 Posts
tailwaters said:

Interesting, I have the 5.7 & if I behave I get 18+. When my foot is in it 16ish. My Titan would give me around 15-16ish most of the time.

·
Banned
1,183 Posts
So far, I am averaging about 2mpg more with the Tundra than the Titan. The only time I have driven on a freeway was the day I bought it. The trip from the dealer to home was 650 miles and I got 16.5 mpg.
On the ranch and the one and two lane roads I drive on, I am averaging 12-14mpg, again about 2 mpg better than my Titan, I only have 2200 miles on it so far, but over 500 miles is in 4WD.

·
Registered
202 Posts
A lot of people got really poor mileage with their Titans when they first got them because the liked the feeling of the power. I'm sure the Tundra guys are going to go through the same thing. The Tundra engine is a great engine and should do reasonable on fuel. All comparisons show it doing as well or better than the Titan. 5.7 to 5.6 is not that much bigger an engine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts