Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got our new Titan about two weeks ago. Seems like its using alot of gas. Wondering what kind of milage everyones getting?

·
Registered
93 Posts
So far around 15-16 mpg, but I only have about 350 miles on the truck. This is also a combo of city & country driving. Hoping it will improve after the break-in period.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
ts,

Most of our driving is commute 83 miles each way to work that includes freeway driving and sitting in traffic. We have yet to take the truck on a 'long haul'.

Chris

·
Registered
230 Posts
tsopps said:
Don't want to hear that. :crying: Had hoped for closer to 19.

I believe there are some folks with a 2WD Titan's without the Big Tow and Off-road packages getting around 18 mpg average on the highway. I think there was one post of someone getting 20 mpg on a roadtrip keeping it under 65 mph.

Not to sound harsh, but if you were expecting to get 19 mpg you shouldn't have bought a full-size truck. I don't know of any full size trucks on the market that claim to get over 18 mpg as a highway ratin...and actually get it.

Either way i still think you'll enjoy having the Titan.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sabre66 said:
I believe there are some folks with a 2WD Titan's without the Big Tow and Off-road packages getting around 18 mpg average on the highway. I think there was one post of someone getting 20 mpg on a roadtrip keeping it under 65 mph.

Not to sound harsh, but if you were expecting to get 19 mpg you shouldn't have bought a full-size truck. I don't know of any full size trucks on the market that claim to get over 18 mpg as a highway ratin...and actually get it.

The Dodge-Cummins diesel with 2wd gets around 21. Mine is 4wd and I get only 18, but it is also a 350 (1 ton). Still, when I can get an approved 5th wheel hitch that I am comfortable with, I will probably trade it in on a Titan.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gas Milage

Sabre66 said:

We had a Silverado 4 wheel drive we traded for the Titan that got 19 mpg.

·
Registered
230 Posts
amacd said:
The Dodge-Cummins diesel with 2wd gets around 21. Mine is 4wd and I get only 18, but it is also a 350 (1 ton). Still, when I can get an approved 5th wheel hitch that I am comfortable with, I will probably trade it in on a Titan.
Sorry about that. You're absolutely correct that some diesels get better than 20 mpg. Since the Titan isn't a diesel though i didn't even think to compare it to them.

Personally i hate the sound a diesel engine makes so it wasn't a consideration for me. And everyone i know that has F-150, Ram or Silverado 4X4 is lucky to get 16mpg on the highway. Either way the Titan was a good choice for me...hopefully it will be for you.

·
Registered
202 Posts
You need to keep in mind that all diesels don't get 20 mpg. There are some that do but, most don't do that well. My 5.3 Sierra averaged about 16 mpg overall. It would get right at 20mpg only on the highway at 70 mph. My Titan at 3500 miles averages about 1 to 1.5 mpg less than my 5.3 did. It probably took at least 10000 miles for my 5.3 to get the best mileage. Most of the diesels in my company get about the same mileage as my Sierra. They just will tow a lot more and do it easier and take less fuel when towing.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Had the Titan about 6 weeks. 3600 miles on it now. Took our first weekend road trip this past weekend. Drove 760 miles - 95% highway, 5% at our destinations. 60-80 mph on the highway. Final gas mileage - 16.4mpg.
Truck drove great, rides great, power to spare.

·
Registered
90 Posts
How are people getting 15,16,17,or even 18 mpg? I have had my Titan SE 2WD CC (No Big Tow or Off-Road) since 12-24-03. I have just over 3,000 miles and have yet to get over 13 mpg. I also have not gone over 2000 rpm and keep it around 65 on the freeway. My driving is a combination of city and freeway, leaning towards more freeway driving. I have already done an oil change at 1000 miles. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
bg478 said:
How are people getting 15,16,17,or even 18 mpg? I have had my Titan SE 2WD CC (No Big Tow or Off-Road) since 12-24-03. I have just over 3,000 miles and have yet to get over 13 mpg. I also have not gone over 2000 rpm and keep it around 65 on the freeway. My driving is a combination of city and freeway, leaning towards more freeway driving. I have already done an oil change at 1000 miles. Any ideas?
I have an LE CC 4x4 Big Tow, Off Road and I get a consistent 15 MPG, mixed city & highway, including smoking the occasional F150.

Do you have the parking brake on or something?

Seriously, maybe your computer is set to run too rich?

·
Registered
31 Posts
bg478, I'd have it checked

I have a 2WD SE KC. I don't have the big tow or off road packages either. I have about 2000 miles and have yet to have a tank come in at under 16. I'd definitely have your service department look into it. That just doesn't sound right.

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
averaged 4 tanks out and my best estimation just like everyone elses is about 15 mpg and that is with the occasional romp on the gas to whoop some teenager in a ford or chevy that accelerate hard just to prove their faster when low and behold the mighty Titan is on their *** while letting up on the gas. God the Titan is powerful!!! the Titan rocks!!! :rockon

·
Registered
48 Posts
tsopps said:
Just got our new Titan about two weeks ago. Seems like its using alot of gas. Wondering what kind of milage everyones getting?

It seems that 15 mpg is about all I am getting as well. I have just passed the breakin period with mine so it will probably drop from here on out. So many trucks to race so little time!

·
Registered
62 Posts
something MUST be wrong with mine!!!!

I've had my Armada since 21 Jan, i'm just about to hit the 1200 mile mark and to date the best i've gotten is 12.3 mpg.....YES 12.3 MILES PER GALLON, ONCE!!!
All my calculations have fallen into the low-to-mid 11mpg range.
We haven't been stomping on the gas, we haven't been racing, we've been keeping the rpm's below 4 grand..........i just don't get it.
NOW, i know this is an SUV and gas mileage ain't gonna be "great", but when most folks seem to be getting at a minimum 13 mpg, i figure something gotta be up with my ride. We've yet to put the thing on the highway so everything has been city driving....could that be the culprit? Can the dealer check to see if its running rich?

·
Registered
740 Posts
Dboogie

If yours is all city - Yup, that is the culprit!

Tsopps - Do you live in a cold climate area? if you do, winter gas, warm-up and low tire pressure could be contributing to your gas mileage. Where I am from, my Honda gets anywhere from 30 to 50% less mpg in the winter time.

If you don't live in a cold climate - get it checked!

·
Registered
470 Posts
My first two tanks I averaged about 17.5. It was highway travel only. Since then I've been averaging about 11.5 in town. I drive like an old man and forgot how to drive fast long ago. And I don't think cold weather is the problem here in Orlando. I have about 2500 miles on the beast so far, a 2wd SE kingcab. Hopefully the mileage will somewhat improve with time. Oil was swapped at 1500 miles.

My last vehicle was a Tundra and mileage was pretty bad for the first 5000 miles. :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions...its in the shop today having the rear middle set belt replaced. I will asked them to look into the excessive fuel usage.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 50 Posts