Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look at the pic and notice the amount of miles I have put on and where the gas guage is.

I filled up last Saturday morning and visited my parents and put on 327 miles that day. Since Monday I have been running back and forth to work and running some errands and I have not filled up yet.

-Speed never exceeded 70 mph on the Hwy.
-RPM's never exceeded 2k in getting up to speed.
-Used gas without Ethanol.

I have a 2004 4 x 4 with big tow and off-road. I'm going to try and push this to 480 miles before filling up again.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
That's nothing... I can do that every single time... All I have to do is forget to reset my trip odometer, too.... They say that memory is the second thing to go... Join the club! :lol:

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's nothing... I can do that every single time... All I have to do is forget to reset my trip odometer, too.... They say that memory is the second thing to go... Join the club! :lol:
I reset the trip odometer when I filled up on Saturday morning. This is the real deal. I haven't put in any gas since Saturday morning and this is how many miles I have driven so far on that tank of gas.

:bangit:

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Pardon me... I'm the internet police... Please... hands on the vehicle.. spread 'em... :eek:

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
The best I have ever done is 405 going from San Diego to Primm,NV, to Las Vegas, back to primm was 405 and 24 gallons.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I've went over 400 miles with the cruise on 75, averaged 18 mpg.

I believe your truck is starting to get broken in is what is going on:)

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I filled tonight when it hit 480.5. I didn't have the courage to push it to 500. It took 27 gallons to fill it right up to the top of the filler neck until I couldn't put anymore in, which is the same way I filled it on Saturday. Guess I had roughly a gallon of gas left.

480.5/27 = 17.8 mpg.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Last fall, I made it from Kansas City, MO to Wichita Falls, TX. 500 miles, filled up with 25 gallons. 20MPG

·
Registered
731 Posts

Blackbeauty, no offense. No wonder you have 62,000 posts. You comment on everything.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Blackbeauty, no offense. No wonder you have 62,000 posts. You comment on everything.
And imagine that... unlike some on here accused similarly... I actually OWN a Titan! :rofl:

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
BB is a butt pirate.

my all time best was 430 miles on 26 gallons....and a bed full o' crap w/ 34" tires lol

·
Super Moderator
160,795 Posts
Wow, you mean...Could it be??? You actually CAN improve your mileage if you keep your right foot out of it??? Whodathunkit? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow, you mean...Could it be??? You actually CAN improve your mileage if you keep your right foot out of it??? Whodathunkit? :rolleyes:
That's a big part of it. The non-ethanol gas helps also. I have 2 stations in the town I live in that don't use ethanol in their gas. They both are private entities and not part of a major chain. All the major chains in town - BP, Holiday, Shell, Amoco etc. have a 10% ethanol mix.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Sorry guys, My new Dodge 1500 Laramie with 392 "claimed" hp gets 20-22 mpg on the highway. The best I ever got out of my Titan was 19 downhill with a tail wind. I will say that it really sounds funky when the MDS kicks in but if running on 4 cylinders gets me the mileage, I will take it.

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry guys, My new Dodge 1500 Laramie with 392 "claimed" hp gets 20-22 mpg on the highway. The best I ever got out of my Titan was 19 downhill with a tail wind. I will say that it really sounds funky when the MDS kicks in but if running on 4 cylinders gets me the mileage, I will take it.
A friend of mine just bought a 2009 Dodge with the MDS. He just returned last week from a trip to Colorado and said he averaged 19 mpg going down the interstate at 80 mph.

Next Friday we are leaving on a fishing trip to Montana and caravaning together with both of our trucks and a group of friends. My guess is I will have to stop for gas more than he does.

·
Registered
211 Posts
The most I have ever gotten out of a full tank was 260 miles. I think something is seriouslyyyy wrong.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts