Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am happy to report that I am getting an average of 15.14 MPG so far. I have 1366 miles on my truck and am doing a combination of stop and go as well as highway.

Hope your numbers are as good as mine.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I just returned from my first roadtrip in my LE CC, a 300 mile round trip with a good mix of stop and go, some Interstate time up to 80 mph, and other four-lane time at 65 mph...best I can figure I got about 17-18 mpg...I'm thrilled at that, plus it was a wonderful experience all around-the Titan was excellent in every way, and I got plenty of compliments at every stop! TITAN RULES!!!! :upsidedow

·
Registered
230 Posts
:huh: I just took a 220 mile trip (110 each way) and only got 13.4 MPG. I kept it under 75 mph most of the way so i was a little disappointed. The drive was from MD to PA and the highways go thru the mountains and it was really windy. (That's the same MPG i get on my winding country roads drive to and from work.)

I did have 20 miles of stop-n-go city driving on the odometer before leaving, but i didn't think that would make such an impact on MPG. Maybe i had some bad 87 Octane gas or something. I only have 1800 miles on the odometer. :huh:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just got back from visiting my son in Baltimoe, MD. The drive up to our home in central PA was a pleasure in our Titan Crew Cab LE 4x4. I do not have the tow pkg. or off road. Those 18 in. tires sure do make for a smooth ride. Calculated gas milage at 16.4 mpg. GREAT!! Drove at 65-75mph. The tach ran consistantly around 2 grand. What a truck. Have about 1400 mi. on the truck and as yet no tonneau cover. Expect milage to get even better with the tonneau. Tim

·
Registered
359 Posts
Sabre, keep in mind that mine's 4x2...isn't the 4x4 EPA rated a little less? Plus, I'm not a gas mileage guru by any means...I used a quarter tank from topped out, each 150 mile trip...isn't that 7-8 gallons if it's a 28 gallon tank? If my mileage drops, I'll still love mine just as much! I'm one obssessed owner here! :hat:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Briarman said:
Sabre, keep in mind that mine's 4x2...isn't the 4x4 EPA rated a little less? Plus, I'm not a gas mileage guru by any means...I used a quarter tank from topped out, each 150 mile trip...isn't that 7-8 gallons if it's a 28 gallon tank? If my mileage drops, I'll still love mine just as much! I'm one obssessed owner here! :hat:
Yeah you're right, i have the 4X4 and the Big Tow Pkg so my mileage should be a little less. I don't have a tonneau cover or cap yet either. Like you, i do still love my Titan even with a low MPG rating.

It just seems strange that i get the same MPG with all city driving vs. all highway. My tach did run at about 2250 rpm the whole trip with a few bursts to 4500 rpm when passing slow-pokes. :haveredfl

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I have an LE CC 4X4 with 800 ish miles on it and am getting according to the navigation system, a low of 10.5 and a high of 16.8 we are stiill in the break in period and I'm varying rpm's so we are using more gas. won't really start checking until we get 2000 miles on her or so. I mainly stay in 4th gear on the highway. Trying to help seat the rings. :)

·
Registered
779 Posts
good enough

we're getting 10~15, driving without at all being conservative: far better than the little 2000 Wrangler I6-cyl. (ranged 8~13 mpg) and a heck alot of more fun.

we drive our Titan to our 1st mt. race this year, and we were marveling how much more comfortable the Titan is (vs. Wrangler) for our family: me, wife, son, and the Cheaspeake Bay Retriver "Halo." We average 14 on this fast driving trip.

·
Registered
83 Posts
First 3 tanks, I got 13.8 mpg consistently. This last tank, I got 14.5 mpg. I babied it for the first 1500 miles, and was pretty disappointed with 13.8. I didn't watch how I drove at all on this last tank and got 14.5. Go figure.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I got 12.5 mpg when I filled up today. I noticed that those who report low mpg live in the mid atlantic region- I live in Pa. Even with 4x4 off road I expected somewhat better mpg. It went up when we had several major snow storms a month ago, I must have driven slower while in 4 wheel drive. :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
I got 13.32 on my first tank and am got 14.07 on my second tank. I hope this continues to improve but even if it doesn't, I am still doing better than my 6-cylinder Trooper was doing during its last couple of tanks while I owned it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm at 2200 miles now. Like I said earlier, the first 3 tanks were 13.8 mpg. The next tank I got 14.5. This last tank was 14.98. I'm getting excited! If I can get 15 I'll be pleased. I am surprised that it took 2000 miles for it to increase though. Anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
530 Posts
I haven't driven off the free tank the dealer gave me, but I wonder if the big tow lower rear gear ratio is hurting the mileage for trucks with that option?

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have 4x4 with big tow.

I'm at 11.5, 13.0, 11.0, and 11.5 on 900+ miles with conservative driving. So far I'm a little disappointed.

Never been under 10 though like some of those Hemi's.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
dd564 said:
I have 4x4 with big tow.

I'm at 11.5, 13.0, 11.0, and 11.5 on 900+ miles with conservative driving. So far I'm a little disappointed.

Never been under 10 though like some of those Hemi's.
dd564.... I have about the same miles on mine. And am getting about the same mpg. Dont worry! This Winter gas is not good! All my trucks Avg. around 12mpg. in the winter. then in the spring/summer 17-18mpg. It will get Better! I saw a black Titan on (hwy 694) a few weeks ago it was a crew. It might have been you. You know my color. :cheers:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Deepwater said:
dd564.... I have about the same miles on mine. And am getting about the same mpg. Dont worry! This Winter gas is not good! All my trucks Avg. around 12mpg. in the winter. then in the spring/summer 17-18mpg. It will get Better! I saw a black Titan on (hwy 694) a few weeks ago it was a crew. It might have been you. You know my color. :cheers:
Could of been when I swung by the dealer to pick up plates.

From me searching inventories on nissanusa.com, I think I'm the only Black CC up here right now. Good point on the winter gas. We'll see how spring does.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
dd564 said:
Could of been when I swung by the dealer to pick up plates.

From me searching inventories on nissanusa.com, I think I'm the only Black CC up here right now. Good point on the winter gas. We'll see how spring does.
dd564 ....
? How do you post pics. on this site? Can you tell me how? Thanks Much! :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts