Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my new 2008 Titan Pro 4x CC tow package etc., i was conducting my mpg experiment after i installed the Airaid intake from my other 04 Titan, i took some pics. as you can see and was getting a fair mpg readout, look at the mileage to see that i wasnt cheating or anything, i was driving normal, but i did notice that the speedo or the electronic speedo is off, i have the regular rugged trails on . Not bad though 17+ mpg on a flat surface with about 34psi of air.

Attachments

·
Registered
274 Posts
Thats good news, i'm installing my AEM intake today.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Nice pics! My 06 does not have that digital display with the mpg info. Interesting that you are running about 6-7 mph slower than my truck at the same RPM's.

What do you get at 75 mph? I read that Kali gas gets worse mpg. I generally get 17 point something when going 75 though I have gotten 18 mpg when I used premium.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im thinking you dont have the the big tow package (3.356) gears vs. (2.97) gears someone correct me if im wrong. Makes a good difference.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
im pretty sure the pro4x has the big tow gears. Plus he said its has the tow package anyway, lol

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
chepdog said:
Im thinking you dont have the the big tow package (3.356) gears vs. (2.97) gears someone correct me if im wrong. Makes a good difference.
that is probably it because thats the same as my 06 and i have big tow and the offroad package.

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
I recently drove up to Jacksonville about 80-85 the whole way and got 16.8 with my Air Intake and Exhaust. Before those two installs I would only get high 13's low 14's at that speed on the highway.

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
I wouldn't trust the readout. Do the old miles/gallons formula. I never got above 14.5 when my 2007 CC 4x4 OR was stock and I now average about 12.5-13 with a lift and 35s. My 2004 2wd CC got 19.8 going to Vegas or Laughlin, until I lifted it, then it started getting 11.5

·
Registered
533 Posts
I will have to double check but I am almost certain that I run more rpm's at the same speed with 05' BT. Is this true for anyone else?

Also, what was the average mpg and/or typical driving mpg without the Airraid?

thanks
white

·
Registered
549 Posts
Nice post - I need to get in on those.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey WhiteLE to your question about gas mileage without the Airraid, it was almost the same, im taking easy for the few couple hundred miles, so id say 12.6 to 14.4 in city, with a gentle to firm gas pedal application, and departure from stop signs, lights. I know this sounds clumsy but ive noticed other people do it, is to turn off your vehicle in stop lights that you know take a long time to change, i do it too, and i know somewhere along the way im saving some gas instead of just burning it away. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
chepdog said:
Hey WhiteLE to your question about gas mileage without the Airraid, it was almost the same, im taking easy for the few couple hundred miles, so id say 12.6 to 14.4 in city, with a gentle to firm gas pedal application, and departure from stop signs, lights. I know this sounds clumsy but ive noticed other people do it, is to turn off your vehicle in stop lights that you know take a long time to change, i do it too, and i know somewhere along the way im saving some gas instead of just burning it away. :cheers:
I have heard this is not true because of the amount of gas it takes to start the engine back up. But who knows?

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
All vehicles that are fuel injected dont suffer from turniing off and on like the carburated cars, the fuel that isnt used up simply returns to the fuel tank, i did somewhat a research to see if there is any benefits from this and surprised i was to see that even some of the car experts say it is a good idea, not unless you have a diesel, they burn very little diesel while stalled/parked (something to do with the compression) someone chime in. :smoke:

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
whiteLE said:
I will have to double check but I am almost certain that I run more rpm's at the same speed with 05' BT. Is this true for anyone else?

Also, what was the average mpg and/or typical driving mpg without the Airraid?

thanks
white
NO.. MY 05 LE OFF RD/tow is under 2k at 65 mph and when i hit 73 mph im doing 2k rpm. its been like this sense i first drove this truck.

Deep.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts