Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of gas mileage are Titan drivers getting. I read on another forum many are getting less than 12. I would particularly like to hear from someone who has driven their truck more than 5,000 miles. Thanks. RSL

·
Premium Member
17,123 Posts
rsl said:
What kind of gas mileage are Titan drivers getting. I read on another forum many are getting less than 12. I would particularly like to hear from someone who has driven their truck more than 5,000 miles. Thanks. RSL
LE CC 4x4 Off-Road Big-Tow 15 mpg city/hgwy mixed

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Keep your foot out of the throttle and you can get 18. I get 10 MPG towing at 70 mph, that is what I get for trying to keep up with a friend. If I keep it below 60 mph it gets better.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
I am getting anywhere from 13.1 to 15.4 depending on driving patterns.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Actual Mileage

rsl said:
To get an accurate MPG you should drive your Titan 10-15,000 miles staying within the recommended break in proceedures. You will obtain numbers close to and sometimes exceeding the manufacturer's estimated MPG. 14city/19hwy
Drive a domestic and you'll quickly appreciate these numbers considering the superior performance! Deerbegone

·
Registered
128 Posts
rsl said:
First road trip past weekend...........750 miles on mine.......averaged 17.5 mpg on the road alternating speeds between 60 and 70 mph........not too bad..... :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
XE CC 4x4

I've got an XE CC 4X4, drop in bedliner, NO big-tow or off-road package. My first tank yielded 14.1 MPG after mixed city/highway driving with a brief stint in 4X4.

KennyO

·
Registered
473 Posts
Back from vacation!

Trip from home to airport and back. (Trying for max MPG so I kept at 55!)

250 miles. 12 gal at fillup. 20.833 MPG!

I LOVE THIS TRUCK!

Drive easy you get the gas miles. Drive fun, you get 14-15. 2700mi on the truck!

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
TxTitan said:
I get 17-18. I drive mostly highways too so that helps. But man, when you gun it, you can see the gas gauge going down! :)

TxTitan,

I noticed the same thing about watching the gas gauge go down. I was really dogging my Titan (about 80 mph) with rapid accelaration on passing for about 30 minutes and I could actually watch the gas gauge go down. I wanted to see if anyone else would post seeing this first before I made a post so that I wouldn't be influencing anyone's perceptions.

The truck does get good gas mileage if you drive like a sane person.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm feeling like I have the thirstiest Titan out here.

I've had the following. 11.5, 13.0, 11.5, and 12.25. (1100 miles).

I've been driving pretty conservatively, and I'd say it's been a mix of city and highway. Hmm.

Maybe it's this Minnesota gas.

·
Registered
62 Posts
you're not alone.....

dd564 said:
I'm feeling like I have the thirstiest Titan out here.

I've had the following. 11.5, 13.0, 11.5, and 12.25. (1100 miles).

I've been driving pretty conservatively, and I'd say it's been a mix of city and highway. Hmm.

Maybe it's this Minnesota gas.
My Armada's mileage pretty much mirrors your results.....but you have atleast seen 13mpg once....i never have :crying: I have 1065 miles on mine.

·
Registered
779 Posts
10-15 mpg

i get 10~15 mpg.
my last tank got 10.1 mpg, but about 20% of that tank's milage was on off-road trails, rest was on highway.

·
Registered
190 Posts
OK.. I have 3000 miles on mine. The worst was the last tank at 14.4 the best was 15.8.. No matter how I drive this beast I get 15 MPG.

I love to smoke those tires! :smoke:

·
Registered
823 Posts
On my recent non-stop trip from Georgia to Maine I got 19 over all. Cruising speeds varied from state to state, some state limits were 65 and some were 70. But for the most part I had it set on 74 to keep from seeing blue lights in my rear view mirror. That's with my 4x2, big tow package LE. I was very impressed and thankful when I had to fill up just south of Hartford, Conn. $1.85 for regular, that's insane!!!! I'm spoiled from low gas prices in the South. I filled up at my local BJ's before I left on my trip for $1.41/gal. I feel bad for you all in California and the Northeast, these fuel prices are outrageous up here in the North, I'll be glad to get home next week!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts