• I wish it was lighter!

Votes: 4 3.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, how do you guys feel about the gas pedal? Is it too light? OK? Too heavy?

I'm asking this because I'm starting to get tired of rolling down a rough road and getting bounced around because my foot is going up and down on the gas. I'm also getting tired of the sore leg from having to brace my foot on the carpet so I can hold a steady pressure on it for longer trips. (So I guess you know how I feel about it, huh...)

But what do you think? I'll start a poll, because I think this might be really interesting to know.

·
Super Moderator
159,622 Posts
Steamguy said:
Okay, how do you guys feel about the gas pedal? Is it too light? OK? Too heavy?

I'm asking this because I'm starting to get tired of rolling down a rough road and getting bounced around because my foot is going up and down on the gas. (So I guess you know how I feel about it, huh...)

But what do you think? I'll start a poll, because I think this might be really interesting to know.
Hmmm. I'll have to say that I know exactly what you're talking about. Having said that, most of the time it doesn't bother me. There are times though that it does if it's a really bumpy road. I'm curious to see how you guys with 4WD who go for it offroad are going to reply.

So to answer the question....I'd say it's a little light.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
So to answer the question....I'd say it's a little light.
That's my answer...
But on the road it Cruise Control all the way for me...

·
Registered
64 Posts
That was the first thing I noticed about the Titan. My 05 was that way and so is my 07. I use cruise when I can (most of the time). LOL some times when I take off I give it too much gas too quickly and eveyone inside gets whiplash. That's why you shouldn't drink anything cause you might be wearing it.
I'd say it's light as a feather, but I'm not complaining at all. It's just the way drive by wire is.............

·
Super Moderator
159,622 Posts
For the Poll, I had to vote too light, though I probably come down in between too light and OK.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
after the 2* timing advance it seams heavier. but before it was light, when I let my wife drive before the timing advance, she was always jerking me around.

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
My only complaint is that sometimes when I go to press the brake, I also press the gas. I think they could be spaced a bit farther apart. My size 17's don't help matters though either.

·
Registered
117 Posts
good lord! size 17's?!?!?! i thought i had a huge foot at 13's hahaha... oh man, i'm sorry i'm not making fun at all but that is huuuuge! i'm impressed!

as for the pedal though- i love it... but when i get into somebody's weak rig to drive it, it feels like a sled!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I had to vote a little too light. Usually use Cruise on longer trips though.

But I am more aggravated with the "tip in" -- the first few Millimeters of pedal travel shouldn't equate to huge amounts of throttle opening. I've noticed more new cars are like this to make the vehicle seem "sporty".

I don't have any problems with it off-roading -- in the mud is usually all or nothing. Climbing hills out in Hollister (CA) it was nice too

·
Registered
969 Posts
I wish it was lighter. It is funny though that sometimes when there are bumps my foot will move a little on it. you can hear the engine change tone.. cracks me up

13.5W here.no problems with spacing.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Throttle tip-in characteristic on my 04 was more aggressive than the 07. The 07 feels more linear. That improves the rough road problem while feathering the accelerator.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Tony said:
Throttle tip-in characteristic on my 04 was more aggressive than the 07. The 07 feels more linear. That improves the rough road problem while feathering the accelerator.
I guess that means I need an '07 or '08 huh??:rofl:

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
It's light, but not too light. It's light in comparison to the throttle cable cars that I am used to, but so what? And what's the big deal with it being light on the freeway? That's what cruise control is for.

My fiancee DOES give me whiplash when I drive though. I liiiiiiike it.

Andrew

·
Premium Member
92,254 Posts
Mine's about right, but it may just be me. I don't have much problem with jerky acceleration over bumps in the truck. And highways are for cruise control, IMO. I use it even on a 12 mile trip to the grocery store! Now, in a 1968, Porsche, with dual carbs, you wanna talk jerkiness over bumps? Absolutely NO comparison!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
I generally find the pedal feel okay, maybe slightly light. The problem I have is that my size 16 shoes tend to be too big for the small pedals, I will be under hard excellaration and all of a sudden my foot slides of the pedal.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I love the light throttle on the smooth road. My work truck is a ford and i drive through fields pretty often...without being able to keep the throttle steady definately makes it jump around more. I could imagine the titan being a lot worse in a situation like this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've never minded the spring tension. What bugs the heck out of me is how jumpy it is just off idle. I'd rather have more control just off idle. With my Tundra, I can get very smooth starts without even thinking about it. It takes a lot of attention to get a smooth start with my Titan.

·
Registered
246 Posts
The feel of the pedal is ok for me. I think it has to do with foot position and suspension. The only off roading that has caused any sort of problem would be in a river bed with giant river rocks, then again, I think any vehicle would be jerky in that situation.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts