1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
Seeing as how I hate to see a good thread slip into oblivion......alas i bump this beauty. LOL Actually........I have a relative question for you all. I almost started a thread but i figured why.........here is your opportunity for less effort!!! So here is my big question for all, WHAT PRICE WILL GAS HAVE TO GO TO FOR YOU TO SELL/TRADE YOUR TITAN??????

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
No price of gas will make me get rid of my Titan, but when
it comes time to buy another vehicle gas prices may
be considered.
-
Oil prices are set on a world wide level & the US is
having less & less influence on oil prices. In a
2006 ranking by Petrostrategies the much talked
about (in the US) Exxon-Mobil ranked 17th
among world oil companies for total reserves.
All the US can do is try to regulate domestic oil
prices. From about 1973 to 1981 the Feds
set the price of domestic oil significantly below
the world price.............remember gas lines?

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
i think im one of the few lucky ones that lives close to work so my gas is running about $100 a month if at that. but trading it in? never. the titan was the only one that jumped at me when shopping for a truck. i think i would buy a daily four banger before i even thinking of trading it in.:cheers:

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Gas prices don't bother me much now because I only drive
about 5500 miles a year. My 2004 Titan only has
about 17,000 miles.

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
daptech said:
Gas prices don't bother me much now because I only drive
about 5500 miles a year. My 2004 Titan only has
about 17,000 miles.
Wow.....that must be nice!!!! I put 50-60 miles a day on mine. I generally use a full tank to and from work from Monday that barely lasts to Friday. After gas, taxes, and insurance i can almost afford to eat!!!! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
roy365 said:
Seeing as how I hate to see a good thread slip into oblivion......alas i bump this beauty. LOL Actually........I have a relative question for you all. I almost started a thread but i figured why.........here is your opportunity for less effort!!! So here is my big question for all, WHAT PRICE WILL GAS HAVE TO GO TO FOR YOU TO SELL/TRADE YOUR TITAN??????
There is no price too high. I will run this truck no matter what it costs. I will just run it less and have another vehicle for everyday use, but this truck stays in my stable. It's called budget management. You learn how to do it as you age. You either learn or you die. Or, you just keep buying and selling vehicles when you can't afford them cuz you didn't use your head in the first place. :cheers:

·
Registered
41,353 Posts
I put 35 on a day just dropping the kids off at school, at work into that equation and I easily drive 65-75 miles a day.

·
Premium Member
75,773 Posts
I'll convert it to propane before selling!

this was a good read Clint, and reaffirms my belief that society is structured in a way to keep it the way it is.

We've waited 200 hundred years to figure out the fatal flaw in democracy, I think it's becoming apparent. Democracy is the illusion that the people are in control.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
anyone use E85? its not much cheaper than gas, but I thought I might try it... will I get worse mileage compared to 87 octane ? and why is E85 so expensive?

·
Registered
125 Posts
For me...I'm not to worried about fillups in the Titan and the G35. I ride the 636 the majority of the time. Right now, I spend about $13/week in the 636. With the Hike, probably around $17/week when it comes. All I worry about is when it rains.

If you guys are interested, I used to market some oil, trans, and fuel additive called bitron. It's a 3 part system and it's been working for me and, better than I had originally expected. I never followed through on the MLM (Multi Level Marketing) side in fact I suck at MLM so I dont even try...but I see a potential need and demand for some kind of fuel saving solution now in the retail side. Though, I've been dormant at selling bitron, but I've been using it for my own personal benefit. Well..I can get back into it again, and start selling again...but, I just wanted to know if you guys were interested.

For me, I saw the added mpg i got between fillups in the G35, as well as the performance behind it...naturally, reduced visits to the gas station. I saw at least a 15% increase in added mpg between fillups and at least 8rwhp increase. I did a dyno session because I was skeptical, and the before and after results on the dyno and, the gas gauge convinced me instead. Driving the G35 had a different feel to it...and it's very hard to explain...just that it's a good thing. Now I use them in the 636 and in the G35. For sh*ts and giggles I did a dyno session on the 636 as well. HP and TQ went up and the powerband was much more linear. Again...on the road, it became inexplainable how the smooth and powerful engine feels. And when I'm done making enough miles on the Titan, it's going in. I concluded with myself that the price I paid for the product payed for itself by means of reduced visits to the pump every month and really stretching the gas in the tank.

I just wanted to share my experience with bitron and how I'm affiliated with them. I'm not going to convince you guys to buy this stuff but, it is out there in the marketplace.

the product brocure:
https://uf1.com/bitron/b_products/product_brochure.pdf
more product info:
http://www.smartoil.bitronglobal.biz/product_technology.html

1 - 16 of 16 Posts