Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Nissan Titan Pro-4X 2006 Nissan Titan SE (sold)
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now, before I ask (although the title technically already did), I want to make sure that the "Karens" of the world understand that most everybody knows that the range from the trip computer is not cast in stone, and yes we can all be very impressed by someone that takes the time to "math" their actual range, this is just a lighthearted thread to see what everyone's showing on their range after they fill up.

What range do you see after a fill-up? Approximately how many miles on the odometer?

I saw 425 miles for range this evening, and just finished logging over 900 miles. I'll be curious to see how much better/worse it may get after the engine has been broken in.

I also wonder how everyone goes about breaking in their engines. I like the idea that I once read on the owner's manual my SS, run at varying RPMs, try not to run extensively at the same RPM range for extended periods (i.e. don't take it out for a long distance trip right away -- Although this one can be subject to one's own interpretation). I have to admit, I've gone WOT a handful of times in my 900 miles thus far. My contention is that I'd rather something break early in the warranty period if it's going to break, than to baby everything and then after the warranty expires, weak links in the drivetrain start to rear their ugly little heads.

Here's to hoping this doesn't turn into a pissing match..... I'll post up a "full synthetic or conventional oil?" and a "Regular or Premium?" thread later if someone wants to beat those dead horses.... 👿

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Following. Have 2020 cc pro 4x and am averaging about 15.5 with 700 total miles so far.
Oh yeah I probably could've asked about the average as well. Mine is sitting at 14.7, but I have to admit I like using the Nissan Connect app to remote start my vehicle in these 100+ degree dog days of summer. And as I'm using this as my commuter vehicle, I get stuck in rush hour traffic on my way home.

What does your computer read for a full tank range after a fill-up?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Oh yeah I probably could've asked about the average as well. Mine is sitting at 14.7, but I have to admit I like using the Nissan Connect app to remote start my vehicle in these 100+ degree dog days of summer. And as I'm using this as my commuter vehicle, I get stuck in rush hour traffic on my way home.

What does your computer read for a full tank range after a fill-up?

Mine said 433. This is my first Nissan and I traded my Ford F150 3.5 eco on it. So I'm curious to learn all the names of this truck.

·
Registered
2020 NISSAN TITAN PRO 4X
84 Posts
418 running Premium 91 or above octane.

Sent from my Note 10+ using Tapatalk.

·
Premium Member
3,846 Posts
The range will vary depending the previous tank. Running an all highway trip and getting 23 mpg I have seen 535 as the range for that tank I just put in.
I just filled the tank in my new Titan and it says 484 to empty.

Clint

Reactions: TitanSSOul

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Following. Have 2020 cc pro 4x and am averaging about 15.5 with 700 total miles so far.
Went to Lowes just now and it rang in at 16.4 MPG. The trip itself (if I'm reading the information correctly when I shut the truck off) showed 20.4, which isn't bad considering Lowes is only about 15 minutes away, which means my truck didn't have that much time to warm up (even though it was about 94 degrees outside).

Interesting to see everyone's numbers, and how varied the numbers are. Now I feel a challenge to beat that 535 posted by @Clint 😜

·
Premium Member
3,846 Posts
Went to Lowes just now and it rang in at 16.4 MPG. The trip itself (if I'm reading the information correctly when I shut the truck off) showed 20.4, which isn't bad considering Lowes is only about 15 minutes away, which means my truck didn't have that much time to warm up (even though it was about 94 degrees outside).

Interesting to see everyone's numbers, and how varied the numbers are. Now I feel a challenge to beat that 535 posted by @Clint 😜
You can do it! Mine was a 100% highway tank.

Clint

Reactions: busemans

·
Registered
29 Posts
Now, before I ask (although the title technically already did), I want to make sure that the "Karens" of the world understand that most everybody knows that the range from the trip computer is not cast in stone, and yes we can all be very impressed by someone that takes the time to "math" their actual range, this is just a lighthearted thread to see what everyone's showing on their range after they fill up.

What range do you see after a fill-up? Approximately how many miles on the odometer?

I saw 425 miles for range this evening, and just
You can do it! Mine was a 100% highway tank.

Clint
Put me in the 500+ mile category. Typically highway miles at around 20 mpg on the dash. I use, gulp, e15. Yes I said it e15.
Let the flames begin....😁

·
Registered
980 Posts
Theres some gas stations popping up around San Antonio called Quik Trip and they all offer 90 octane ethanol free fuel.. I may play with a few tanks to see what it does..
From what I understand ethanol free fuel increases gas mileage....

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Theres some gas stations popping up around San Antonio called Quik Trip and they all offer 90 octane ethanol free fuel.. I may play with a few tanks to see what it does..
From what I understand ethanol free fuel increases gas mileage....
Ethanol free also should give you an increase in power. I wish we'd do away with Ethanol as it doesn't really benefit us and wreaks havoc on lawn equipment. I lost a weedwhacker to ethanol when one of my fuel lines was dissolved by the stuff. Unfortunately, the corn lobby is a large evil influence on us.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
613 Posts
I filled up yesterday and the gage said 430 this time. 17.2mpg on last tank. I was driving all over san antonio yesterday and friday night.

For our anniversary, the wife wanted to go shopping in SA. We finally ended up in San Marcos at the outlets and then headed home.

The dang head winds coming home to corpus are horrible for gas mileage. Its uphill (lightly) the whole way to san antonio and thats all hilly area and i get 17+ in mixed city/hwy driving. I come home from SA and its all a decent to sea level and i get 14-15mpg because of the average 20mph headwind the whole way.

I cannot wait till christmas when we go cross country in the truck. Going to ft benning ga to pick up the youngest, then to atlanta for the night. The next day will be heading to charleston sc, and then up the coast to wilmington nc and camp lejuene nc. From there we should go across to nashville tn and take a circuitous route back to south texas. We have two weeks of cruising around so i should get some good gas mileage info

·
Premium Member
3,846 Posts
I filled up yesterday and the gage said 430 this time. 17.2mpg on last tank. I was driving all over san antonio yesterday and friday night.

For our anniversary, the wife wanted to go shopping in SA. We finally ended up in San Marcos at the outlets and then headed home.

The dang head winds coming home to corpus are horrible for gas mileage. Its uphill (lightly) the whole way to san antonio and thats all hilly area and i get 17+ in mixed city/hwy driving. I come home from SA and its all a decent to sea level and i get 14-15mpg because of the average 20mph headwind the whole way.

I cannot wait till christmas when we go cross country in the truck. Going to ft benning ga to pick up the youngest, then to atlanta for the night. The next day will be heading to charleston sc, and then up the coast to wilmington nc and camp lejuene nc. From there we should go across to nashville tn and take a circuitous route back to south texas. We have two weeks of cruising around so i should get some good gas mileage info
What a great ride that will be, sitting behind the wheel is like driving in your favorite chair.
There is nothing I dislike about my truck, the superb ride outweighs everything. I had 5 Frontiers, I get at minimum the same or better mileage now than in those trucks. The only reason it appears to cost more is due to the larger fuel tank.

Clint

Reactions: busemans
1 - 20 of 122 Posts