Nissan Titan Forum banner

201 - 220 of 251 Posts

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
2,452 Posts
Well, when I filled up the truck, 399 was the range. We drove up to san antonio and around town to a bunch of antique stores, are at the county line, and then looked at some cars for my youngest son.

After that, we were almost dead at a half a tank when we got on 1604 to head down town to the grunt style store.

From there, we got on the road and headed home. I decided to set cruise at 80mph, just like coming to sa so I could make a good comparison. I knew it was going to be bad, but it was really bad. It took the whole half a tank to get home and the blue line that gives you an idea of your immediate mileage lived at 12-13mpg.

That 399 ended up only getting me 365 and it took a bit over 22 gallons to fill up when I stopped.

The truck said I got 17.1 and the actual numbers came out to a flat 16mpg. That head wind was really going today. Every flag I saw was standing straight out.

Here is a shot from around lake mathis, still an hour from the house. God dang that sucker is blurry. Sorry about that.

·
Registered
2020 Titan Pro-4X 2006 Titan SE (sold) Chevy SS Sedan
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #203 ·
Got 514 range on my last fill up. All highway, averaging around 21mpg.
Not too bad. Would be nice to get more, but I guess even on the highway, you're essentially a small toolshed on the highway, i.e. horrible aerodynamics.

·
Registered
2018 Titan SV 4x4 Crew Cab
92 Posts
Not too bad. Would be nice to get more, but I guess even on the highway, you're essentially a small toolshed on the highway, i.e. horrible aerodynamics.
Thanks. Sure beats the 19mpg I got in my 2WD ‘08 Titan. More hp, 4x4 and better gas mileage, who could ask for more :cool:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #207 · (Edited)
One of these days I'm going to put an egg under the accelerator pedal and see if I can get at least 500 range. Seems like I'm always tempted to give it some gas, especially when another truck is lollygagging in the left lane or is trying to cut in front at the last minute. Sadly, it's hard to restrain oneself when you are rewarded with the nice growl of a V8.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
2,452 Posts
The truck said 411 when I filled up this morning. We had to run up to san antonio and back again so I got more highway mileage comparisons. Cruise set at 80mph, there and back, again.

Here is the pics

The wind was a lot lighter so I still have a bit of gas left, not at the quarter mark, but not in the red, either

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #209 ·
Sigh, back under 400.... 6000 on the odometer. Hoping the engine loosens up soon.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
2,452 Posts
i forgot to mention in my last post that on my trips, in my infinite boredom of miles on the highway, i decided to count trucks so i could get an idea of how many on the road between corpus Christi and san Antonio. roughly, from city limit sign to city limit sign is 115 miles each way.

listed from most seen, to least seen

ford f150: i gave up trying to count
chevy 1500: less than ford but not much, i had to give up counting also
dodge: stopped counting at 50
Toyota: stopped counting at 50
Nissan: 18
wrangler truck: 6
honda ridgeline: 4

i know the jeep and honda are not half ton real trucks but that was the only ones that had a low count like the titan. and actually, driving up to san Antonio is when i saw all four ridgelines and had only seen 1 titan so they were beating the titan until about 1000 in the morning. so, it seems ridgeline people get up and travel early where titan people like to drive a little later.

it seemed like every other truck was an f150. i saw f150s from the 70s up to brand new king ranch platinum 100k dollar f150s. i even saw a broken down one, that's how prevalent they were.

chevy was fairly close. not every other truck but ever 4th or 5th truck was a chevy. those chevy guys like their trucks, they were towing chevy trucks with other chevy trucks. but only one square body chevy and hardly any from the early 90s so they are not lasting that well, or the people know the truck won't make long highway drives? i don't know but my old 93 1500 chevy got horrible gas mileage so i hated driving it out of town. maybe that's their issues?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #211 ·
i forgot to mention in my last post that on my trips, in my infinite boredom of miles on the highway, i decided to count trucks so i could get an idea of how many on the road between corpus Christi and san Antonio. roughly, from city limit sign to city limit sign is 115 miles each way.

listed from most seen, to least seen

ford f150: i gave up trying to count
chevy 1500: less than ford but not much, i had to give up counting also
dodge: stopped counting at 50
Toyota: stopped counting at 50
Nissan: 18
wrangler truck: 6
honda ridgeline: 4

i know the jeep and honda are not half ton real trucks but that was the only ones that had a low count like the titan. and actually, driving up to san Antonio is when i saw all four ridgelines and had only seen 1 titan so they were beating the titan until about 1000 in the morning. so, it seems ridgeline people get up and travel early where titan people like to drive a little later.

it seemed like every other truck was an f150. i saw f150s from the 70s up to brand new king ranch platinum 100k dollar f150s. i even saw a broken down one, that's how prevalent they were.

chevy was fairly close. not every other truck but ever 4th or 5th truck was a chevy. those chevy guys like their trucks, they were towing chevy trucks with other chevy trucks. but only one square body chevy and hardly any from the early 90s so they are not lasting that well, or the people know the truck won't make long highway drives? i don't know but my old 93 1500 chevy got horrible gas mileage so i hated driving it out of town. maybe that's their issues?
I do wish the Nissan was just a little bit more distinctive, as it does kind of look like a Ford. Having said that, I like that I don't see one at every stoplight. Seems like every other vehicle out there is an F150. I do however wonder if my truck is recognized as a Titan by drivers that own an older Titan.

And since we're a little off topic here, I got a little bored and saw that I could watch Godzilla vs King Kong for free on my HBO Max subscription. My ears did perk up when they referred to King Kong and Godzilla as titans. lol And as far as the movie goes, let's just say that I'm glad I didn't pay to watch it, but it does make me miss the good ole popcorn flicks.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
2,452 Posts
i saw where people say the titan looks like the f150 but i saw things in it from chevy, also. i would have more mistaken it for a chevy than an f150.

and the titan number could be off because i saw a ton of frontiers. more than any other mid size truck. and the grey frontiers kept making me think they were first gens so might have counted high one or two. i don't know why it was just the grey ones.

·
Registered
233 Posts
My actual mileage, calculated via the Fuelly app at each fill up, is consistently 1 to 1.5 MPH less than whatever the truck thinks it is.

Well, when I filled up the truck, 399 was the range. We drove up to san antonio and around town to a bunch of antique stores, are at the county line, and then looked at some cars for my youngest son.

After that, we were almost dead at a half a tank when we got on 1604 to head down town to the grunt style store.

From there, we got on the road and headed home. I decided to set cruise at 80mph, just like coming to sa so I could make a good comparison. I knew it was going to be bad, but it was really bad. It took the whole half a tank to get home and the blue line that gives you an idea of your immediate mileage lived at 12-13mpg.

That 399 ended up only getting me 365 and it took a bit over 22 gallons to fill up when I stopped.

The truck said I got 17.1 and the actual numbers came out to a flat 16mpg. That head wind was really going today. Every flag I saw was standing straight out.

Here is a shot from around lake mathis, still an hour from the house. God dang that sucker is blurry. Sorry about that.

View attachment 550057

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #215 ·
My actual mileage, calculated via the Fuelly app at each fill up, is consistently 1 to 1.5 MPH less than whatever the truck thinks it is.
Manufacturers seem to always get better numbers than real world numbers. At least they aren't using old calculations that let them rate their engines without any accessories added.

Let my fuel go down to 1/4th a tank. I hate filling up with the tank so low as it's much pricier to fill up. Not as expensive as I remember in 2008 when gas was near $5.00 a gallon.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I do wish the Nissan was just a little bit more distinctive, as it does kind of look like a Ford. Having said that, I like that I don't see one at every stoplight. Seems like every other vehicle out there is an F150. I do however wonder if my truck is recognized as a Titan by drivers that own an older Titan.

And since we're a little off topic here, I got a little bored and saw that I could watch Godzilla vs King Kong for free on my HBO Max subscription. My ears did perk up when they referred to King Kong and Godzilla as titans. lol And as far as the movie goes, let's just say that I'm glad I didn't pay to watch it, but it does make me miss the good ole popcorn flicks.
Trust me is Gen 1 guys see a Gen II coming from a mile away. To me they are distinctive enough especially the latest update. Even though I like some models of the Ford they are everywhere and I don’t want what everyone else has. Chevy eh my nephew just bought a 2500 and it is a nice looking truck better than the 1500. GMC always seemed the sharpest looking truck and still do. Dodge well it was all my Dad drove plus I owned a 1968 D100 step side and a 1986 100 in two tone blue both trucks mint condition. Besides my 1968 Dodge my favorite was my Dads 1990 D100 in Brown with tan interior two door. Man that truck was sharp looking I was promised it when he was ready for a new one then he got tboned in it. Thank good him and my brother didn’t get hurt. On my 4th Gen 1 Titan favorite was the 08.5 long bed SE in dark blue. Only vehicle I regret getting rid of. Currently in a 2012 SL fully loaded DVD, Moonroof, NAV (worst NAV I have ever used). 122,000 miles on it and with two weddings and two college educations to pay for it will be my truck for a long time but I don’t worry one bit if it can make it. I get 13-14 city and 15-17 highway. The tow package and 20” rims hurt my mileage I always did 14-15 city and 17-19 highway in the three SE’s I had. All of my Titans were 4x4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Oh yeah and Tundras I really like the look. It would be my first choice after the Titan. I have never driven a new Ford, Chevy, Tundra or Dodge so I can’t speak for their rides in 04 I went truck shopping stopped at Nissan to look at the new Titan thinking in and out on to the popular trucks but nope 5 hours later I was driving home my 04 Titan and never looked back

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #219 ·
Oh yeah and Tundras I really like the look. It would be my first choice after the Titan. I have never driven a new Ford, Chevy, Tundra or Dodge so I can’t speak for their rides in 04 I went truck shopping stopped at Nissan to look at the new Titan thinking in and out on to the popular trucks but nope 5 hours later I was driving home my 04 Titan and never looked back

I have to admit, I'm also a little partial to my old 97 Chevy Silverado (like the one below, but regular cab). It had the 350 V8 and was pretty good at keeping up with a V8 mustang of its time. What lured me out of it was GM getting a new V8 that had about 30-40 more HP. Still miss that green thing.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
2,452 Posts
I had one like that. Terrible terrible gas mileage. I had to put a chip in it to make it feel as fast as my f150 with a 302.

It rode nice but the gas mileage killed me. I ended up getting rid of it because of the gas mileage and everyone and their brother has that body style truck here.

201 - 220 of 251 Posts