Nissan Titan Forum banner
341 - 360 of 416 Posts

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,855 Posts
If I drove 65 on the highway to San Antonio, I would get ran over. I always think this truck would get about what yours came out to if I lived somewhere with lower speed limits.

Thats the cost of living in a state that takes 12 hours to drive across, though, I suppose.

I remember when speed limits where 55 here and it took 4 hours to get to the south side of San Antonio from my house. Now, it's 3 hours to the north side (six flags) which saves so much time.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm honestly a little bit concerned she might see a quote response in my Tapatalk notifications haha.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,855 Posts
Ha ha ha!!!! Well, we know what happened if we don't hear from you again

·
Registered
'21 PR '20 P4X (sld) '06 SE (sld) '16 SS
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #348 ·
Lol, that kind of decal might trigger some people, but it seems that people are too easily triggered these days.

Filled up with Costco's finest. I'm surprised that I haven't seen anything under 400 miles on the range. Seems like the P4X would report under 400 about 1/2 the time. Not that I'm complaining.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #349 ·
I'm really surprised at how consistent the MPG have been on the PR. I don't think I've seen the range go below 400 yet.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #350 ·
I've been driving about 30 miles per day for the past few weeks, so I'm filling up more frequently. At least my range hasn't dipped under 400. My best MPG reported is 19.6.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,855 Posts
397 on this fill up. New heavy tires are not going to make this number better and since they are a larger diameter, that for sure won't help.

I wonder if there is a way to set the speedo for the new tires?

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #352 ·
397 on this fill up. New heavy tires are not going to make this number better and since they are a larger diameter, that for sure won't help.

I wonder if there is a way to set the speedo for the new tires?
haha, I can see you approaching your truck and saying hi to the tires, "hello fatties!" Does Waze or Google Maps show you at a different speed than the speedo? I'm surprised the tire shop didn't recalibrate your speedo for you, as I thought many tire places had that ability?

You can take it into Nissan, but I suspect that they'll try to charge you. I know when I had my Silverado, my Hypertech programmer could re-calibrate the speedo based on tire size. Sigh, I kind of miss having a decent aftermarket.....

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,855 Posts
I am not sure. I have to check it. I know according to the tire calculator it's going to do 2-3 mph off at highway speeds

·
Registered
76 Posts
Not sure about everyone else's Titan, but mine read 0.8 - 1.0 mph fast at 75 mph compared with a Garmin GPS and a Dragy. I checked it with 38 psi front 35 psi rear when it had less than 1000 miles. My new tires will be about .38" taller (if accurate) and I expect the speedometer to be dead on. Here is a tire size speedometer calculator for anyone curious. Calculator - Speedometer Adjustment for Tire Size Change | Interco Tire

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #356 ·
I'm really surprised as to how much more consistent the range is on the PR than it was on the P4X. Seems to consistently report between 420 and 440. Hopefully that's a sign of things to come with the motor in the PR.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm really surprised as to how much more consistent the range is on the PR than it was on the P4X. Seems to consistently report between 420 and 440. Hopefully that's a sign of things to come with the motor in the PR.
I wish my PRO4X got close to that range! 13.2 mpg and 348 to 368 per fill up. Supposedly the truck is stuck in tow mode, but nothing indicates it on the dash. We'll see if when Nissan gets a loner for me so they can look at it.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #358 ·
I wish my PRO4X got close to that range! 13.2 mpg and 348 to 368 per fill up. Supposedly the truck is stuck in tow mode, but nothing indicates it on the dash. We'll see if when Nissan gets a loner for me so they can look at it.
What gives you the impression that tow mode is on? Do you notice the transmission hanging onto gears for longer than it should? I'm actually hoping that the 2021s get the transmission fix soon, although I think it may affect my MPG. I find that throttle response isn't what I wish it would. I get on it and don't feel anything for a good split second and by that time my need for the extra acceleration is gone and I find myself barreling down the road. I think the extra MPG might not be worth the safety issue. Have you tried shifting to manual mode to see if it kicks tow mode off?

·
Registered
89 Posts
What gives you the impression that tow mode is on? Do you notice the transmission hanging onto gears for longer than it should? I'm actually hoping that the 2021s get the transmission fix soon, although I think it may affect my MPG. I find that throttle response isn't what I wish it would. I get on it and don't feel anything for a good split second and by that time my need for the extra acceleration is gone and I find myself barreling down the road. I think the extra MPG might not be worth the safety issue. Have you tried shifting to manual mode to see if it kicks tow mode off?
That's what the Nissan dealer told me! As soon as they can get a loner in they'll get it in there.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Dropped my truck off at Nissan! No loaner! Told them to forget about it! My co-worker took me home and I'll drive one of my other vehicles. Hopefully, they get it fixed and the gas mileage improves above 13.2. I'll post the results when I know more!

341 - 360 of 416 Posts