Nissan Titan Forum banner
361 - 380 of 398 Posts

·
Registered
'21 PR '20 P4X (sld) '06 SE (sld) '16 SS
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #361 ·
Dropped my truck off at Nissan! No loaner! Told them to forget about it! My co-worker took me home and I'll drive one of my other vehicles. Hopefully, they get it fixed and the gas mileage improves above 13.2. I'll post the results when I know more!
What did they tell you about the loaner? If they promised you one but didn't make one available, I'd contact the service manager at that point. One of the reasons I like to get a loaner is because it puts them on the clock. They know that the longer they keep your vehicle, the longer you're putting miles and wear and tear on their vehicle. Hopefully it's a relatively quick repair/replacement of the tow mode switch, but sometimes them knowing that your vehicle isn't tied to a loaner will give them the impression that your repair can wait.

·
Registered
89 Posts
They said a loaner would be available in the middle to end of August. Not waiting that long! Honestly, I don't care if Nissan keeps it for a year at this point. The mileage sucks, I get whiplash every time I go down the driveway. I'm disgusted! Already started looking at new vehicles.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #363 ·
They said a loaner would be available in the middle to end of August. Not waiting that long! Honestly, I don't care if Nissan keeps it for a year at this point. The mileage sucks, I get whiplash every time I go down the driveway. I'm disgusted! Already started looking at new vehicles.
That sucks. I have about 5 dealerships in the area, and while most of them are garbage, there are a couple that would set me up in a loaner. One will set me up in a base Altima, and another actually sets me up in another Titan. I know car rentals are for whatever reason in high demand, but a dealership should be required to have a few loaner vehicles. I wonder if they use a rental company for their rentals, which might explain their predicament. First thing I would do is post up a review on Google or Yelp about your experience.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have other vehicles available, but would prefer a loaner since it's under warranty. I marked stuff with a black light paint stick. Since the other dealership didn't rotate my tires. Then tried to charge me and that was the place that sold me the truck. I learned this trick years ago after a bad experience with another garage. Who tried to pull a fast!

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #366 ·
I have other vehicles available, but would prefer a loaner since it's under warranty. I marked stuff with a black light paint stick. Since the other dealership didn't rotate my tires. Then tried to charge me and that was the place that sold me the truck. I learned this trick years ago after a bad experience with another garage. Who tried to pull a fast!
Yeah, there are crappy dealerships all over the place. My father went to one place for an oil change and they talked him into an air filter change and when they were done he asked the counter guy, "How'd you know what my name is?" The counter guy looked confused, to which my father said, "You wrote my name on the air filter that you swapped out, just like I had on the air filter that you said needed to be replaced". Sometimes you feel like just doing your own maintenance.

Hopefully they get you back on the road soon enough, and hopefully it's not a part that's back ordered. Does that dealership have any other Titans on the lot similar to yours?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yeah, there are crappy dealerships all over the place. My father went to one place for an oil change and they talked him into an air filter change and when they were done he asked the counter guy, "How'd you know what my name is?" The counter guy looked confused, to which my father said, "You wrote my name on the air filter that you swapped out, just like I had on the air filter that you said needed to be replaced". Sometimes you feel like just doing your own maintenance.

Hopefully they get you back on the road soon enough, and hopefully it's not a part that's back ordered. Does that dealership have any other Titans on the lot similar to yours?
Just a SL!

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Titan SV Midnight Edition Pearl White
60 Posts
Finally able to drive my truck, have been recording real world numbers for gas volume and kilometres, not paying attention to the gauge number. Converted for the US friends here, I’m getting 15.6 MPG nearly all highway, fellow Canadians, that’s 30.2KM/Imperial Gallon, or 6.638 KM/L.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #369 ·
I haven't needed to fill up in at least 3 weeks, and still didn't (was sitting at about the 2/3rds mark) but as I stated before, the PR is so consistent with its reading over the P4X. Range showed to be around 413. I hope this consistency is a sign of things to come.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,673 Posts
i will have to fill up the next time i take the titan. i wanted to when i drove it Saturday but i forgot to stop when i was by the non ethanol gas station and than when i finally remembered, i was already exiting to my neighborhood.

i don't only use the ethanol free but if i am in town i like to get it. here near the house, i just fill up with mid or premium corn water at heb but i feel like the truck likes the dead dinosaurs better

·
Registered
1,472 Posts

It’s like the more I drive the better the mpg’s get…

Bit over 24k miles… Running from neighborhood to interstate speeds between 65 and 75mph.. Lots of occasions stop n go traffic…. 87 octane gas…

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #372 ·
View attachment 554120
It’s like the more I drive the better the mpg’s get…

Bit over 24k miles… Running from neighborhood to interstate speeds between 65 and 75mph.. Lots of occasions stop n go traffic…. 87 octane gas…

Damn, that's great MPG. I figure I'll be stuck at about 16-ish for most of my driving. I always tell myself I'm going to try to avoid idling as much as possible and then I get hungry for some junk fast food and sit idling at the drive-thru.

The saving grace is that I drive maybe 1-2 times a week for maybe 10-15 miles.

The summer formula fuel is going away in a few months in Texas, probably sooner in other months. I'll be curious to see if the winter formula affects my readings.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Damn, that's great MPG. I figure I'll be stuck at about 16-ish for most of my driving. I always tell myself I'm going to try to avoid idling as much as possible and then I get hungry for some junk fast food and sit idling at the drive-thru.

The saving grace is that I drive maybe 1-2 times a week for maybe 10-15 miles.

The summer formula fuel is going away in a few months in Texas, probably sooner in other months. I'll be curious to see if the winter formula affects my readings.
I noticed on my previous 17’ the mileage improved some past the 20k mark…

Must be the point where these engines really get “worn in”.

As far a winter… well with longer remote start idling and longer warm up mpg always seems to drop a bit…

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,673 Posts
I got 398 miles filling up a few minutes ago. It took 22.9 gallons to fill up, too, which is odd. I have never put more than 19 in before

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,673 Posts
372 range

Filled up since we might have bad weather coming our way Tuesday with that storm in the gulf of Mexico.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #377 ·
372 range

Filled up since we might have bad weather coming our way Tuesday with that storm in the gulf of Mexico.
I had another 415 range. My maintenance alert just came on at 3000 miles. I guess the dealership wants an early oil change. I may get it done just to get the 0w20 that I bought from wally world for $14 for 5 quarts. I suspect the dealership put 5w30 when I bought the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Hit my best mpg of 23 several days back… 34 mile trip three stop lights and speeds between 65 and 75mph..

Not sure why mpg’s are improving.. Maybe low ethanol levels in gas??
Using 87 octane and 5w-30 oil…
Automotive design Clock Personal luxury car Font Auto part

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #379 ·
Hit my best mpg of 23 several days back… 34 mile trip three stop lights and speeds between 65 and 75mph..

Not sure why mpg’s are improving.. Maybe low ethanol levels in gas??
Using 87 octane and 5w-30 oil… View attachment 554327
Maybe cooler temps? One thing I've noticed in the past few weeks is that my tire pressure has gone down a good 2-3 lbs. across the board which will affect MPG, but not in the direction that you've realized. Have you adjusted tire pressure lately via either an oil change or just as a means of preventative maintenance?

·
Registered
2021 PRO4X
75 Posts
I average 17.6 mixed driving. I have not measured a highway run yet. The truck is leveled with load range E tires.

91 octane fuel, 5w-30 oil and a catch can. 6k miles on the truck.

361 - 380 of 398 Posts