Nissan Titan Forum banner
381 - 400 of 416 Posts

·
Registered
'21 PR '20 P4X (sld) '06 SE (sld) '16 SS
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #387 ·
they are on the Christmas list, ha ha ha
I'd love to see what carbon fiber wheels, and a carbon fiber drive axle would do for applying power to the drive wheels. You have to figure all that saved unsprung weight would make for great efficiency.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'm getting 15.6- 16.6 mpg mixed driving in my 4×4 on 20" wheels. My full tank readout when full is just around 420 miles. This is enough for a full 5 day week of about 50 miles of mixed driving per day. Half of my driving is stop and go city and the other half is freeway at 75mph or a little lower.On weekend trips hwy mpg is high 18s to almost 20 depending on how I drive

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,813 Posts
my drive to work is horrible for gas mileage. its two miles from my house to the parking lot at work. two miles that takes 20 minutes because of traffic. and then the same thing coming home. and driving anywhere after work is about 4 miles on the highway to the exit and than 35mph on the roads with traffic.

gas mileage is never going to be good here where i live and work. that's why the wife has a little good gas mileage mazda

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #391 ·
my drive to work is horrible for gas mileage. its two miles from my house to the parking lot at work. two miles that takes 20 minutes because of traffic. and then the same thing coming home. and driving anywhere after work is about 4 miles on the highway to the exit and than 35mph on the roads with traffic.

gas mileage is never going to be good here where i live and work. that's why the wife has a little good gas mileage mazda

·
Registered
4,892 Posts

That sucks. I also live 2 miles from work. It takes me 2 minutes to get there. Small town = no traffic. Often I'm the only one on the road on my way to work.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,813 Posts
that's why i ride my bicycle to work. takes 10-12 minutes depending on the wind and no parking issues.

i have looked at those scooters and groms. but on base you have to have a motorcycle license and have the navy motorcycle class. and i am still sitting in traffic to and form work which is ok for those 45 days we have cool weather here but the rest of the year would be horrible on motorcycle in traffic

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #394 ·
that's why i ride my bicycle to work. takes 10-12 minutes depending on the wind and no parking issues.

i have looked at those scooters and groms. but on base you have to have a motorcycle license and have the navy motorcycle class. and i am still sitting in traffic to and form work which is ok for those 45 days we have cool weather here but the rest of the year would be horrible on motorcycle in traffic

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #396 ·
Just a very slight uptick after my first oil change with confirmed 0w20. Also, bought a 6qt box at Costco as they were selling for $27.99, and was shocked at how light the box is compared to other oils. At first I thought someone had opened the box and nabbed a qt or two. I'm tempted to get a heavier weight and just add water.

Speedometer Vehicle Steering part Motor vehicle Gauge

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #398 ·
Dang, you are almost to 450
It's definitely a catch 22 because I want to keep things on the highway when I can, but with my newly discovered love of sunroof open driving, I don't mind cruising. I guess it also hurts when I'm in line idling at some drive-thru. I think if these companies had a "drive-thru hybrid" setting, they could probably get a good 3-4 MPG bump.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,813 Posts
404 when I filled up just now. 12.7 mpg average for all city driving but the 40 miles I did this afternoon to my uncle's house.

He wanted me to come over because he is going to get rid of his ford ranger and bmw X3 and wanted to know if I want them. He said just take over the bmw payment (he owes 17k on it, payment is 300 a month) and give him 3k for the ranger.

I took the ranger and told him I have to think about the bmw since we just bought Cristina a car a month and half ago. The ranger is a 2003 edge five speed single cab.

Gauge Speedometer Auto part Automotive design Font

Tire Sky Wheel Car Vehicle

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #400 ·
404 when I filled up just now. 12.7 mpg average for all city driving but the 40 miles I did this afternoon to my uncle's house.

He wanted me to come over because he is going to get rid of his ford ranger and bmw X3 and wanted to know if I want them. He said just take over the bmw payment (he owes 17k on it, payment is 300 a month) and give him 3k for the ranger.

I took the ranger and told him I have to think about the bmw since we just bought Cristina a car a month and half ago. The ranger is a 2003 edge five speed single cab.

View attachment 554563

View attachment 554564
I kinda miss having a little beater economy car that I can take to the grocery store and not worry about door dings. When I bought my first Kia Soul, it was nice not having to pay for premium fuel and getting close to 30 MPG. Granted, it was a little gutless, and didn't have much presence on the road, but was nice not putting too many miles on a gas guzzler.

381 - 400 of 416 Posts