Nissan Titan Forum banner

Gas range?

41K views 430 replies 53 participants last post by  busemans 
#1 ·
Now, before I ask (although the title technically already did), I want to make sure that the "Karens" of the world understand that most everybody knows that the range from the trip computer is not cast in stone, and yes we can all be very impressed by someone that takes the time to "math" their actual range, this is just a lighthearted thread to see what everyone's showing on their range after they fill up.

What range do you see after a fill-up? Approximately how many miles on the odometer?

I saw 425 miles for range this evening, and just finished logging over 900 miles. I'll be curious to see how much better/worse it may get after the engine has been broken in.

I also wonder how everyone goes about breaking in their engines. I like the idea that I once read on the owner's manual my SS, run at varying RPMs, try not to run extensively at the same RPM range for extended periods (i.e. don't take it out for a long distance trip right away -- Although this one can be subject to one's own interpretation). I have to admit, I've gone WOT a handful of times in my 900 miles thus far. My contention is that I'd rather something break early in the warranty period if it's going to break, than to baby everything and then after the warranty expires, weak links in the drivetrain start to rear their ugly little heads.

Here's to hoping this doesn't turn into a pissing match..... I'll post up a "full synthetic or conventional oil?" and a "Regular or Premium?" thread later if someone wants to beat those dead horses.... 👿

See less See more
#416 ·
Interesting that it dipped down to 457 with all the highway miles I logged. The last several miles were inhibited by some irritating construction, but most of my drive was 80-90 MPH. I guess the computer figured my bumper to bumper traffic was the norm.

The Titan is a great long distance cruiser though, although the slim lanes that I had to navigate, the lane departure was a bit of an annoyance when construction lanes would veer off the normal lane and the old lane markers were still visible. Otherwise, it was a nice 300+ mile trip.

#417 ·
Seems like it's been at least a month since I last filled up. Who knew one could get a month out of a full gas tank on the Titan? It dipped a bit, I wonder if that's a product of the winter gas formula or the lower tire pressure. I don't think it'll get much better as this weekend is going to be filled with a bunch of short trips to the city dump and places that can take some slightly used furniture and other things.

Speedometer Car Tachometer Light Motor vehicle

#418 ·
I forgot to up this my last tank. Next Tuesday I am starting my trip to fort Carson Colorado so we will see what it gets.

The way back might not be good because I have to pull that Wrangler we bought my son home on a trailer. Someone took it while he was tdy to California and rolled it down one of the mountains and it's basically totalled.

#419 ·
Someone as in a friend of his? Are you going through insurance? I think I'd personally like to have a word with the person that wrecked it. One of the reasons I don't like when other people drive my cars. Took my car to get inspected and the tech (seemed a bit like a punk) told me I could wait inside. I told him that I was ok with waiting outside (as it was a low 80s day). He asked me if I didn't trust him, and I looked at him and said "No, not with my baby". Good luck bringing that jeep back.

#420 ·
he said its a friend of his and we are going to go through the insurance to see if they can save it. but he is still in california training in the mojave so he is holding off till he gets back at the end of the week and are just going to bring it home and have them do their inspections here in case they deem it totalled. he wants to buy it back if the frame is not bent so he can fix it a little a time.

i told him not to let anyone drive it but he didn't listen

#424 ·
For some reason I've been getting under 400 the last few tanks. Wonder if I should air the tires back up close to 40 psi. Only problem is our weather here has been pretty bipolar. I'd hate to air them up to near 40 and we get back up into the 80s next week.

Vehicle Car Speedometer Odometer Tachometer

#429 ·
I keep looking at the Fuelly app that @busemans has on his signature thinking I may get it installed, but then I am perfectly ok with being ignorant to the actual MPG as it always seems a little depressing with any number from even the most respectable truck. I figure with the range, it's more of an estimate based on my past driving so I can try and improve my driving habits. The good news is that I've noticed MPG drop when I junk my diet and spend a few days sitting in the drive-thru line, so I have an incentive to not eat junk food. Maybe one of these days I'll take the Titan on a long distance trip and see if I can top the record for range in this thread. I think close to 600 miles on a full tank is the highest I've seen.

#431 ·
I have used it for a number of vehicles also.

I would probably get a lot better mileage but these tires weigh alot and dropped the mileage as soon as they were installed and I set cruise at 82mph so not at the best speed. I notice that at 75 I got an increase in mileage but I got bored being in the slow lane

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.