Nissan Titan Forum banner

Gas range?

41K views 430 replies 53 participants last post by  busemans 
#1 ·
Now, before I ask (although the title technically already did), I want to make sure that the "Karens" of the world understand that most everybody knows that the range from the trip computer is not cast in stone, and yes we can all be very impressed by someone that takes the time to "math" their actual range, this is just a lighthearted thread to see what everyone's showing on their range after they fill up.

What range do you see after a fill-up? Approximately how many miles on the odometer?

I saw 425 miles for range this evening, and just finished logging over 900 miles. I'll be curious to see how much better/worse it may get after the engine has been broken in.

I also wonder how everyone goes about breaking in their engines. I like the idea that I once read on the owner's manual my SS, run at varying RPMs, try not to run extensively at the same RPM range for extended periods (i.e. don't take it out for a long distance trip right away -- Although this one can be subject to one's own interpretation). I have to admit, I've gone WOT a handful of times in my 900 miles thus far. My contention is that I'd rather something break early in the warranty period if it's going to break, than to baby everything and then after the warranty expires, weak links in the drivetrain start to rear their ugly little heads.

Here's to hoping this doesn't turn into a pissing match..... I'll post up a "full synthetic or conventional oil?" and a "Regular or Premium?" thread later if someone wants to beat those dead horses.... 👿

See less See more
#3 ·
Oh yeah I probably could've asked about the average as well. Mine is sitting at 14.7, but I have to admit I like using the Nissan Connect app to remote start my vehicle in these 100+ degree dog days of summer. And as I'm using this as my commuter vehicle, I get stuck in rush hour traffic on my way home.

What does your computer read for a full tank range after a fill-up?

#8 · (Edited)
The range will vary depending the previous tank. Running an all highway trip and getting 23 mpg I have seen 535 as the range for that tank I just put in.
I just filled the tank in my new Titan and it says 484 to empty.

Clint

Reactions: TitanSSOul
#26 ·
The range will vary depending the previous tank. Running an all highway trip and getting 23 mpg I have seen 535 as the range for that tank I just put in.
I just filled the tank in my new Titan and it says 484 to empty.

Clint
What Clint said. I have seen similar numbers on my Titan. Also if you use non-ethanol gas you get better gas mileage. I have two stations in my town that serve 87 octane non-ethanol gas.

I just drove my Titan as normal. Not doing anything different for breaking in or whatever it may be.

#16 ·
Now, before I ask (although the title technically already did), I want to make sure that the "Karens" of the world understand that most everybody knows that the range from the trip computer is not cast in stone, and yes we can all be very impressed by someone that takes the time to "math" their actual range, this is just a lighthearted thread to see what everyone's showing on their range after they fill up.

What range do you see after a fill-up? Approximately how many miles on the odometer?

I saw 425 miles for range this evening, and just
You can do it! Mine was a 100% highway tank.

Clint
Put me in the 500+ mile category. Typically highway miles at around 20 mpg on the dash. I use, gulp, e15. Yes I said it e15.
Let the flames begin....😁

#22 ·
Look at the last page of the owners manual where it specifically says not to use it. Imagine if they stood their ground on a warranty claim and refused to cover any fuel related failure.
Hopefully it never comes to that, in the mean time, enjoy every mile.

Clint

Reactions: Titan Tay
#18 ·
Ethanol free also should give you an increase in power. I wish we'd do away with Ethanol as it doesn't really benefit us and wreaks havoc on lawn equipment. I lost a weedwhacker to ethanol when one of my fuel lines was dissolved by the stuff. Unfortunately, the corn lobby is a large evil influence on us.

#19 ·
I filled up yesterday and the gage said 430 this time. 17.2mpg on last tank. I was driving all over san antonio yesterday and friday night.

For our anniversary, the wife wanted to go shopping in SA. We finally ended up in San Marcos at the outlets and then headed home.

The dang head winds coming home to corpus are horrible for gas mileage. Its uphill (lightly) the whole way to san antonio and thats all hilly area and i get 17+ in mixed city/hwy driving. I come home from SA and its all a decent to sea level and i get 14-15mpg because of the average 20mph headwind the whole way.

I cannot wait till christmas when we go cross country in the truck. Going to ft benning ga to pick up the youngest, then to atlanta for the night. The next day will be heading to charleston sc, and then up the coast to wilmington nc and camp lejuene nc. From there we should go across to nashville tn and take a circuitous route back to south texas. We have two weeks of cruising around so i should get some good gas mileage info

#20 ·
What a great ride that will be, sitting behind the wheel is like driving in your favorite chair.
There is nothing I dislike about my truck, the superb ride outweighs everything. I had 5 Frontiers, I get at minimum the same or better mileage now than in those trucks. The only reason it appears to cost more is due to the larger fuel tank.

Clint

#23 ·
Hey Clint,
Thanks for the heads up. Yup I already saw that. But after 45 years in engineering for one of the major manufacturers, part of that time in fuels and lubricants, e 15 will not cause any issues. The issue for the manufacturer is the certification for e15, not the e15 itself. Actually this engine would run fine on e85, but due to the lower energy content of alcohol, the computer can’t adjust the fuel injection pulse long enough.

#25 ·
Typically i see about 380 for a tank of gas when I've done all city driving. Highway, it creeps up to ~500. I did drive 420 miles on a tank over the weekend heading back home from Virginia, and I put in 21.1 gallons. The computer showed 62 miles left on the range, so it's conservative by about 2 gallons.

#31 ·
Took a small jaunt up to Buc-ees (southern thing) and figured I'd try their "92 octane pure gas". While it's not 93 octane, I figured it being ethanol free might be something. Full tank range gave me 453 miles and the trip itself netted 19.9 miles. Not too bad considering I was going mostly 80 MPH with a few WOT instances. I may try buc-ees again, although that 40 minute drive may kill that plan.

#32 ·
My truck is a 4X4, I get better mileage with my new Bridgestone highway tires, stock size. I wanted off road tires, but my reality is I don't drive very much off road, 95% highway for me, and high speed. I actually had a guy cut me off on the way to work, new Ram Rebel, I wasn't mad or anything, but we cruised at 90+ for about 15 miles, then I passed him (LOL). Now i know I'll get flamed for saying this, but I use my power, otherwise I'd get a Frontier with a 4 banger.

#33 ·
People are so easily triggered nowadays. They'll get over it. I agree though, if you didn't buy the truck for its capabilities, then you should've saved your money and settled for a Frontier. I actually cross-shopped the smaller trucks (didn't look at the frontier as it wouldn't make sense for me to buy a vehicle that's been re-designed, unless they were offering crazy discounts, and the possible replacement below one looks so much nicer) but when I saw that the MPG wasn't that much better, I figured I might as well get what I want.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.