Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased an 05 Titan 4x4 Crew Cab, and after doing some research and driving realized that the gass milage is not that great.

I was looking on ebay for accessories and saw a few of these items such as the Milage Max Vortex Generator, that is supposed to give you horespower and save gas. Is there any truth behind this, I am guessing since the price tag on the item is less than $10 shipped it is probably a gemmick, just thought I would ask the experts.

Also, is there anything else that might work.

Thanks,
Huston

·
Registered
693 Posts
^^^^ What he said ^^^^^

·
Registered
2,320 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
i wouldn't recomend the ebay saver, but if you look at any autoparts online store they probably have a tornado saver that add's hp and saves up to 3mpg, so it says? u can also try the cheaper turbonato or vortech cyclone, but it's a risk?

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
20TexasTitan08 said:
i wouldn't recomend the ebay saver, but if you look at any autoparts online store they probably have a tornado saver that add's hp and saves up to 3mpg, so it says? u can also try the cheaper turbonato or vortech cyclone, but it's a risk?
The Tornado fall into the same category as all the stuffs on Ebay.:D

·
Registered
112 Posts
My best gas saver is taking my Fiance's Versa for the long trips. Take the wife or GF's car for unessary or long drives.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Popular Mechanics did a great article on all stuff like this about a year ago... Can't find it now. Maybe a member with fast access can find it and drop in a link.

Essentially it all is worthless. Some of the "spin" or "tornado" devices actually started to come apart and they feared they'd be shedding pieces into the engine.

·
Registered
285 Posts
If you believe that, I'll sell you a Mr. Fusion reactor (Back to the Future) that you can dump any garbage in to run your automobile. No more gas. I have not been using gas to power my Titan for over a year.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I get 8 1/2 mpg.. In my truck... But i dont drive a nice truck to worrie about gas. When i tow stuff down to the dunes i get around 5-6 depending on what im towing... Im looking to buy a 03-04 ford f-250 desiel though.. Im gonna need something to tow my titan down to the dunes soon....

·
Registered
321 Posts
Steamguy said:
Popular Mechanics did a great article on all stuff like this about a year ago... Can't find it now. Maybe a member with fast access can find it and drop in a link.

Essentially it all is worthless. Some of the "spin" or "tornado" devices actually started to come apart and they feared they'd be shedding pieces into the engine.
Is this what you were talking about??

http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/new_cars/1802932.html

·
Premium Member
58,647 Posts
Will these “Does this stuff work? Will it increase my gas mileage?” posts ever end? Come on, use your brain! If it was that easy to increase your mileage, every carmaker in the world would be all over it. P.T. Barnum was right. There’s a sucker born every minute.

You bought a big truck. It’s heavy and has the aerodynamics of a brick. It takes power to move it and it takes gasoline to make power. The mileage will never be good. If you want great gas mileage get a hybrid.

I’ll get off of my soap box now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
cst silver said:
I get 8 1/2 mpg.. In my truck... But i dont drive a nice truck to worrie about gas. When i tow stuff down to the dunes i get around 5-6 depending on what im towing... Im looking to buy a 03-04 ford f-250 desiel though.. Im gonna need something to tow my titan down to the dunes soon....
man only 8 1/2? cst silver, what you running on that thing man?

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
titanswfl said:
what he said. use the girlfriends car that gets 30 mpg and costs less to fill up for long trips!

man... you have a wife, a girlfriend and a fiance! you are a brave or stupid man.:poke: lol

our truck should be rated in gallons per mile not miles per gallon

·
Premium Member
58,647 Posts
cneary812 said:
our truck should be rated in gallons per mile not miles per gallon
I think it should be rated in smiles per gallon.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I have to say I’m dubious about my forthcoming comment, BUT, I’m starting to believe in either a Tonneau cover or the power of a K&N air filter…. Since I’ve owned my titan I’ve always gotten around 15 MPG per tank, I’m not a heavy right footed guy but I’ll give it the beans every once in a while…. Always getting 15 mpg sometimes 15.2

On Sunday I installed an Extang Trifecta Tonnaeu Cover and a K&N Air filter… for the past 3 days I’ve been getting 16.5 miles per gallon (call me crazy) but I’m starting to believe that one of the aforementioned modifications is giving an “as advertised” 10% better fuel mileage…… (Maybe 5% each who knows?)

However I’m not completely convinced; I could be coasting a little more in the hope that I get better fuel mileage, who knows, I will have better info within the next 2 weeks of repetitive driving 

--J

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Johnny08 said:
I have to say I’m dubious about my forthcoming comment, BUT, I’m starting to believe in either a Tonneau cover or the power of a K&N air filter…. Since I’ve owned my titan I’ve always gotten around 15 MPG per tank, I’m not a heavy right footed guy but I’ll give it the beans every once in a while…. Always getting 15 mpg sometimes 15.2

On Sunday I installed an Extang Trifecta Tonnaeu Cover and a K&N Air filter… for the past 3 days I’ve been getting 16.5 miles per gallon (call me crazy) but I’m starting to believe that one of the aforementioned modifications is giving an “as advertised” 10% better fuel mileage…… (Maybe 5% each who knows?)

However I’m not completely convinced; I could be coasting a little more in the hope that I get better fuel mileage, who knows, I will have better info within the next 2 weeks of repetitive driving 

--J
dont worry man, you will make up the difference on the next tank. I have had an access larado on my truck since the week after I got it and have a k&N with airbox mod for a while too. I swore the k&N did wonders but then it went back to normal next fillup.

·
Registered
422 Posts
i get about 14 mpg on my 07 xe cc with around 8" of lift on 35" tires, but i don't care cause i also have a 91 honda crx hf that gets 45 mpg so it all evens up.:cheers:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts