Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i was just wondering. I just bought a 2005 LE 4x4 Off Road Crew Cab Titan on sunday, the E light came on when i was driving home from the dealership so i stopped at the gas station. It only took 18 gals, i thought all the titans had a 28 gal fuel tank??? sooo less then 300 miles later iam filling up my titan again. Whats the deal???

Thanks, Yamaguy88

·
Registered
942 Posts
Yea, I have a 2005 KC and my manual says it is a 28 gallon tank. I have never gone to the point to where the light came on, when i had a quarter tank left, it only took 18 gallons, I though it would be more around 21-22 gallons since it was on a quarter tank, but I hear that the gas gauges in the Titans are not that accurate.
As far as your e light coming on...kinda stange if it only took 18 gallons, unles you took a sharp turn and it was just enough to engage the signal for the E light to come on as the gasoline in the tank shifted with the turn...other than that I don't know.....maybe a faulty sensor? Or a bad gauge?.. i would keep an eye on it and see if it continues to give you false readings and only take 18-20 gallons...

:werd:

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Eight gallons left with the the light coming on is fine.

·
Registered
942 Posts
sudden urge said:
Eight gallons left with the the light coming on is fine.

It is!!? Seems like it would come on around the 3-5 gallon mark...anyway, he said it only took 18 gallons, which means he had "10" gallons left.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I usually fill up when the light comes on and I get anywhere from 20 to 22 gal, the reserve is supposed to be 5 gallons from when the light comes on!
:werd: :banasex0r

·
Registered
942 Posts
MoValleyTitan said:
I usually fill up when the light comes on and I get anywhere from 20 to 22 gal, the reserve is supposed to be 5 gallons from when the light comes on!
:werd: :banasex0r

Yea, that sounds about right, but not 8 gallons..that would be over a quarter tank still, most vehicles usually give the warning right around the 1/8 full mark, so 5 gallons is pretty close to that.

·
Registered
942 Posts
ditto:rockon

·
Registered
69 Posts
Well...You'll always have plenty of warning to fill up :rockon My light goes on with about 5 gallons to spare.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
my 06 LE 4x4 holds about 22 gal after the light comes on(depending on how much i drive after the light). So that would leave 6 gallons in the tank.

·
Registered
446 Posts
When my '05's light would come on, I could never get more than 20 gallons in it. I haven't filled up the tank in the '08 yet. The 37 gallons seems to last so much longer. Though the total cost to fill up is going to be oh so painful.:eeeek:

·
Registered
130 Posts
i've heard it has a lot to do with the front end being lower then the rear. Most guys with lift/ leveling kits get the light with less gas in the tank.

·
Registered
4 Posts
yamaguy88 said:
Hey i was just wondering. I just bought a 2005 LE 4x4 Off Road Crew Cab Titan on sunday, the E light came on when i was driving home from the dealership so i stopped at the gas station. It only took 18 gals, i thought all the titans had a 28 gal fuel tank??? sooo less then 300 miles later iam filling up my titan again. Whats the deal???

Thanks, Yamaguy88
I want to start a group in order to bring this to a lawyer ans sue NISSAN in regard to this and their advertising of 18 miles per gallon deal. 18 x 26 = 468 which the TITAN should have. I drove this thing to San Diego and back and I have never been able to get more than 226-238 or so miles.
If, you are willing to help me gather signatures and names in order to complain, we can bring this to a lawyer willing to take NISSAN Corporation

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
When my light comes on, it usually fills up with 22 gallons for me in my 04 non big tow. Most of the time i know that when i hit 315 miles, the light will come on, unless i drive downhill, which causes the light to come on sooner, but later goes off as I guess the fuel level gauge in the tank starts reading more fuel as i get back to flatland or go uphill..

hlysnan said:
I want to start a group in order to bring this to a lawyer ans sue NISSAN in regard to this and their advertising of 18 miles per gallon deal. 18 x 26 = 468 which the TITAN should have. I drove this thing to San Diego and back and I have never been able to get more than 226-238 or so miles.
If, you are willing to help me gather signatures and names in order to complain, we can bring this to a lawyer willing to take NISSAN Corporation
I dont know if you would get anywhere with that. If i remember correctly the old ratings were based on driving 55 mph or something like that, which i dont think anyone can drive that slow without pissing people off in the freeway. Now, they rate them with different speeds and variables which is why the 2008's have a lower fuel rating. Plus, those fuel mileage numbers are clearly stated as being estimates..

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Please remember you mileage may vary...
Yeah, right!
Quit complaining, I've NEVER seen any truck get the EPA "not in the real world" tested milage ratings...
Face it Flounder, you f...ed up, you trusted the goverement...:lookaroun

Reactions: JohnTats86
1 - 16 of 16 Posts