Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok im so tired of this problem.. It seems to me like a vent is clogged or something.. Basically when i go to gas up my titan every gallon of gas or so it stops and spits or Throws gas back out.. It literally takes me 30 minutes to gas up. It just keeps shooting out. So it seems to me like a venting issue..

Does anyone know what this is , what part i need, or what i have to do to fix this.. Im HOPING I DONT HAVE TO DROP THE TANK...

Thanks ahead!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Ok im so tired of this problem.. It seems to me like a vent is clogged or something.. Basically when i go to gas up my titan every gallon of gas or so it stops and spits or Throws gas back out.. It literally takes me 30 minutes to gas up. It just keeps shooting out. So it seems to me like a venting issue..

Does anyone know what this is , what part i need, or what i have to do to fix this.. Im HOPING I DONT HAVE TO DROP THE TANK...

Thanks ahead!
I was having the same problem on my 04'...I figured out that I had to hold the nozzle handle up (pointing the nozzle down) to keep it from upchucking gas. Hasn't done it since I started doing this. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
72,273 Posts
Evap valve need replacing?

Reactions: BobNYC

·
Premium Member
72,273 Posts
Reactions: Arachnid

·
Registered
432 Posts
Don't stick the nozzle all the way in. Leave about 2" of the upper nozzle out to the point where you can see the nozzle going into the fuel filler.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Yep...it's probably the evap valve. Lots of other threads here about the problem.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ive tried every method.. nothing works.. but replacing the evap valve.. yes.. this is what it is.. let me check the links.. thanks..!! ill let yall know how it goes!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok got the aftermarket evap valve from nappa for 65 bucks (i know alot more then online) but i was so tired of it.. and i needed it asap. Its to the point where the paint is peeling off my truck now due to gas always on it..

So i replaced it.. took me 5 whole minutes. I blew out the dust but the box that the evap valve connects to had tons of dust in it also.. blew it out also.. seems like it has a element or something in it (the box the evap valve connects to).. Oh well.. ill gas up later and see if it fixed the problem..

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
gassed it up and for the first time in over a year, it gassed right up!.. The check engine light would not shut off even after resetting it.. it would turn right on.. after the first tank of gas was gone.. i gassed up again.. light went off as soon as i drove up.. So it worked!.. Thanks.. Now gotta paint the bubbling paint from the gas. sucks..;(

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
I finally caved and purchased a new evap valve the other day. I had the same issue ongoing for about 6 months where I had to trickle gas into the tank... Frustrating as hell! After installing the new valve, problem and ses light went away immediately. FYI there is an updated part number for an oem valve that has some sort of filter assembly attached that according to the dealer will reduce the chance of it happening again. New part number is 14935-JFOOB. It cost 150$, but getting rid of that frustrating issue is priceless!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I finally caved and purchased a new evap valve the other day. I had the same issue ongoing for about 6 months where I had to trickle gas into the tank... Frustrating as hell! After installing the new valve, problem and ses light went away immediately. FYI there is an updated part number for an oem valve that has some sort of filter assembly attached that according to the dealer will reduce the chance of it happening again. New part number is 14935-JFOOB. It cost 150$, but getting rid of that frustrating issue is priceless!
I just put one of those 3 dollar walmart inline filters on. Im not paying 150 for a filter that looks cool when i can pay 3 dollars for one that works the same way!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
I just put one of those 3 dollar walmart inline filters on. Im not paying 150 for a filter that looks cool when i can pay 3 dollars for one that works the same way!
$150 is for the OEM evap vent valve with integrated filter, not just for the filter itself.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts