Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fiance and I are considering getting a Versa or Sentra to replace her saturn.

Has anyone heard of any problems with these Nissan's? Especially that CVT transmission? I don't really trust such a new technology as the CVT, and I'm really skeptical of buying a car in it's first production year, such as the Nissan Versa.

If you haven't seen the Nissan Versa, take a look, the Sedan is a sexy little car for about 12,900 base price.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Its the same technology that was in the Murano since 2003, so its really not that new. Nissan is the only company that can get it right or so it seems. Saturn tried it and failed, and Ford tried it and failed. If it makes you feel any better in the new Dodge Caliber it has a Nissan CVT transmission.... Nothing to worry about, those simple cars dont have enogh HP to break anything.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I would look into the Honda Fit I hear its a nice little car. My daughter has a Honda civic,and we have an Acura TSX, and they both have been rock solid.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
I think that the versa is only a first model year in the states. I think it has been selling overseas for a few years.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I don't like how the Versa looks.

My nephew has a Scion xB and his wife has a tC. Both great little vehicles. I would look at the xB before I would get a Versa. The Versa is last in everything in it's class.

Another thing thats interesting, the Scion community is just like us Titan folks, especially the xB owners. They are very proud to own and drive what they have and like us, get together to celebrate the vehicle we love. I don't know if the Versa has that type of following here yet.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
x2thez said:
Its the same technology that was in the Murano since 2003, so its really not that new. Nissan is the only company that can get it right or so it seems. Saturn tried it and failed, and Ford tried it and failed. If it makes you feel any better in the new Dodge Caliber it has a Nissan CVT transmission.... Nothing to worry about, those simple cars dont have enogh HP to break anything.

Wrong Ford is still making them in th Taurus X/ Freestle. We have one and it's flawless They have been making them for about 3 years now.

·
Registered
162 Posts
jbglenn said:
Wrong Ford is still making them in th Taurus X/ Freestle. We have one and it's flawless They have been making them for about 3 years now.
I stand corrected, I was not aware of that. My apologies.

·
Registered
56 Posts
drive one first... lady here at work has a murano and while she loves it, it drives me crazy when i have to drive it.

After racing cars for a long time its like that murano has a 8000 rpm stall or a clutch that slips for ever... I held it wide open passing some people one time. the rpms just stayed at red line for a good half mile... Yes we where picking up speed but it just felt "WRONG"....

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
When I drove a rental caliber it was similar to my moms Murano in the power delivery. Only it didn't have ANY power at all I felt like I was driving a golf cart converted into a car...

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
hey man i love nissan but toyota as well.. my mom just bought my sister a 07 yaris for her birthday and its awesome.. they start around that same price and to get the top of the line one is like 16k i think....they have it 4 door or a cheaper hatchback version

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
docweedon said:
I don't like how the Versa looks.

My nephew has a Scion xB and his wife has a tC. Both great little vehicles. I would look at the xB before I would get a Versa. The Versa is last in everything in it's class.

Another thing thats interesting, the Scion community is just like us Titan folks, especially the xB owners. They are very proud to own and drive what they have and like us, get together to celebrate the vehicle we love. I don't know if the Versa has that type of following here yet.
yeah heres the story on the scions. awsome car... anyways the tc is what everyone wants... but alot of people are too small for it (dont beleive me if your 5'10 or more go sit in one see how fast you jump out...) the xb owners either like driving around a box or just wished they had a tc but theyre too big for it so xb was next in line...my friend had a tc before he got a hummer and he loved it. we went to all the meets and stuff...cool people

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
I like the looks of the versa as well, but I doubt I will buy another nissan after the titan, MAYBE an infinity...So I'm skeptical as well. The TC was ok for me and I'm 6 foot? I have not tried the yaris yet, but the honda Fit looked nice as well.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
x2thez said:
The Ford Five Hundred is also CVT

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Versa is a nice car, but the Sentra and 4 cylinder Altima will yield good MPG results and more room. Versa is 122HP at 30/36 MPG, Sentra at 140HP at 29/36 MPG, and finally the Altima with 175HP at 26/34 MPG

As for the Honda, the Civic will actually do better in gas mileage (30/40) than the Fit 31/38, without fit issues for larger drivers.

·
Registered
33 Posts
kellyj00 said:
My fiance and I are considering getting a Versa or Sentra to replace her saturn.

Has anyone heard of any problems with these Nissan's? Especially that CVT transmission? I don't really trust such a new technology as the CVT, and I'm really skeptical of buying a car in it's first production year, such as the Nissan Versa.

If you haven't seen the Nissan Versa, take a look, the Sedan is a sexy little car for about 12,900 base price.
I have the Versa with the 6 speed and love it, have almost 19,000 miles since August. I now use the Titan to tow boat,travel trailer, race car or when I need the truck for work stuff.
Loved it so much I have www.versaspeed.com. :clap:

·
Registered
85 Posts
I don't think it's really that early in the model with the Versa - I believe they have been in Europe for a while now...? Same as the X Trail - they came over here later than most of the world.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts