Nissan Titan Forum banner

Gas VS. chip mod!

1907 10
Since Gas prices are raising in price. You spent the money for your modification program. What octane do you use with your chip mods?

What type fuel you run with Chip Mods?

Votes: 12 57.1%

Votes: 1 4.8%

Votes: 3 14.3%

Votes: 3 14.3%

Votes: 2 9.5%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2,383 Posts
^ really? even when i run the 91 octane tune it still feels sluggish....i always run 93 octane tune with 2* timing.

· Registered
6,856 Posts
I still wonder why so many call a hand-held programmer a chip.

· Premium Member
1,787 Posts
My T must be like underagedtitan's cuz 87 superchips tune runs best. I have tried everything from 93 +2 all the way down the 87 and my truck runs best at the 87 tune.

· Registered
2,383 Posts
weird maybe it makes the 07+ Ts run differently than your trucks? idk but the overall response is by far the best for me on 93 +2....

· Super Moderator
38,013 Posts
the price difference between 87 and 91 is so small now it make no sense to run 87.

I get ~ 2MPG more on 91 then 87 ... go figure

· Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
^ really? even when i run the 91 octane tune it still feels sluggish....i always run 93 octane tune with 2* timing.
Yep, 08crewcab...yes get to have the 2* timing to feel that power

I still wonder why so many call a hand-held programmer a chip.
Sudden urge...cause OLD habits are tough to break...If you like I can call it "a hand-held programmer....I am betting you are less than 40 years old....:teethmast:coolsmile

· Registered
363 Posts
Sudden urge...cause OLD habits are tough to break...If you like I can call it "a hand-held programmer....I am betting you are less than 40 years old....
I am less than 40 and I still call it a CHIP, hmmm.......guess it doesn't have anything to do with age after all.

· Registered
810 Posts
You should but 85 octane on your poll, Colorado uses it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.