Votes: 3 14.3%

Votes: 3 14.3%

Votes: 2 9.5%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since Gas prices are raising in price. You spent the money for your modification program. What octane do you use with your chip mods?

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
For some reason I like the 87 tune better then any of the other ones offered by superchips

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
^ really? even when i run the 91 octane tune it still feels sluggish....i always run 93 octane tune with 2* timing.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
I still wonder why so many call a hand-held programmer a chip.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
My T must be like underagedtitan's cuz 87 superchips tune runs best. I have tried everything from 93 +2 all the way down the 87 and my truck runs best at the 87 tune.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
weird maybe it makes the 07+ Ts run differently than your trucks? idk but the overall response is by far the best for me on 93 +2....

·
Super Moderator
37,163 Posts
the price difference between 87 and 91 is so small now it make no sense to run 87.

I get ~ 2MPG more on 91 then 87 ... go figure

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
^ really? even when i run the 91 octane tune it still feels sluggish....i always run 93 octane tune with 2* timing.
Yep, 08crewcab...yes get to have the 2* timing to feel that power

I still wonder why so many call a hand-held programmer a chip.
Sudden urge...cause OLD habits are tough to break...If you like I can call it "a hand-held programmer....I am betting you are less than 40 years old....:teethmast:coolsmile

·
Registered
363 Posts
Sudden urge...cause OLD habits are tough to break...If you like I can call it "a hand-held programmer....I am betting you are less than 40 years old....
I am less than 40 and I still call it a CHIP, hmmm.......guess it doesn't have anything to do with age after all.

·
Registered
811 Posts
You should but 85 octane on your poll, Colorado uses it.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Trust me I tried the 93 +2 timing tune. To me, the 87 tune is much torquier... And the 93 didn't raise my mileage compared to the 87.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts