Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 260,000 miles on my 2004 Titan and still running strong !
Recently, when putting gas into tank, it comes back out after about a gallon goes in.
It is my understanding that this can be a evap problem ?
Any common problems like this around ? Any suggestions what to check ?

·
Registered
177 Posts
1) do you top off your tank? if yes - STOP doing that.
2) do you live on dusty or dirt roads or drive on them often? (or deal with a lot of sand in winter time)?
3) Are you getting code p0455 or its ilk?
4) has your mileage dropped?

it takes about five minutes to replace this if its shot. it is on the left side of your canister as you are looking forward from the back of the truck (just inside the left tire, forward of the axle)

I am have an 05 CC, 203k on it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1) do you top off your tank? if yes - STOP doing that.
2) do you live on dusty or dirt roads or drive on them often? (or deal with a lot of sand in winter time)?
3) Are you getting code p0455 or its ilk?
4) has your mileage dropped?

it takes about five minutes to replace this if its shot. it is on the left side of your canister as you are looking forward from the back of the truck (just inside the left tire, forward of the axle)

I am have an 05 CC, 203k on it.
Don't top my tank.
Don't drive on dusty or dort roads.
No codes
No change in mileage.
Is that purge valve the most likely problem ????

·
Registered
177 Posts
You can pull your purge valve and hook it up to a a 12V source to make sure it is operating, and also blow some air through it to get gunk out and see if that solves your issue.
I can tell you that I had the gas tank click off after one gallon or start to spill before I changed mine out, and since I have changed it out...it hasn't happened again.

·
Registered
177 Posts
No, I am saying that you can take the valve out. hook it up to a 12v source, to see if the valve is operating when it gets power...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts