Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Does anyone know if there is a way to change the color of my gauge lights? I am not a huge fan of the orange, I've always thought it looked kind of cheap. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Thanks

·
Registered
520 Posts
whiteknight07 said:
Hey all. Does anyone know if there is a way to change the color of my gauge lights? I am not a huge fan of the orange, I've always thought it looked kind of cheap. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Thanks
Hey whiteknight07, Unfortunately the color comes from the backing on the cluster not the bulb if you remove the cluster you will see the bulb's are white/ clear, I agree with you on the orange being common and would love some white gauges with light green lighting or maybe blue lighting but as far as I know nothing exists for my 08 yet :(

Maybe soon !!!

you might be able to fine more for an 07 though, different cluster than my 08....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm.... interesting that the bulbs are clear. I figured that it would be the bulbs that I would have to change. I wonder if there is a way to replace the gauge backing.

·
Registered
520 Posts
whiteknight07 said:
Hmm.... interesting that the bulbs are clear. I figured that it would be the bulbs that I would have to change. I wonder if there is a way to replace the gauge backing.
Afraid not the orange color is molded into the cluster channels, you should take it out and have peek for yourself, you can get different colored bulb's but with the orange I'm not sure what your end result would be.... i.e. blue and orange or green and orange would look like _________ ???? you really need a company to offer a new cluster combo :)

--Jay

·
Registered
3,569 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So after reading through that thread that was last posted to in Jan., is there anybody now that is doing the led swapout for the general public? I would love to have it done, but do not have the time, or probably the soldering skills to do it w/o frying my boards.

·
Registered
196 Posts
sorry, but the only way to change the lights in the dash is to desolder the old led with new ones. Its been done, but a PITA to do

·
Registered
10 Posts
Can someone just order new gauges for an 08 titan?? I'd really like to do pink, but haven't found a company here in California that does them. Any suggestions?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts