Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,

Has anyone seen this happen before, all of the sudden my "VDC, Brake, Slip" lights come on at random times. Some days everytime i get the truck, some days not at all. other than the lights no other apparent problem is occuring. I have talked with the nissan service manager, and he suggested changing the battery, and checking for loose connections. Went to sears bought a gold series battery, and still happening.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
274 Posts
speedfrk said:
Ok,

Has anyone seen this happen before, all of the sudden my "VDC, Brake, Slip" lights come on at random times. Some days everytime i get the truck, some days not at all. other than the lights no other apparent problem is occuring. I have talked with the nissan service manager, and he suggested changing the battery, and checking for loose connections. Went to sears bought a gold series battery, and still happening.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks
Check again for service bulletins. A similar situation occurred with my truck. The 4x4 light (picture) also came on and off. It generally happened in stop-and-go traffic at around 11 -13 mph. The dealer knew about the problem and fixed it under (extended?) warranty.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds pretty much like what i am having, i went over the tsb thread and didn't see any matches, did the dealer happen to say what the fix was ?

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Assuming you have a 4x4 with e-lock...Usually it's a sign of an impending rear axle failure. That is what mine did before I had a new one put on. Lights haven't been back on since.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
PRJ said:
Assuming you have a X with e-lock...Usually it's a sign of an impending rear axle failure. That is what mine did before I had a new one put on. Lights haven't been back on since.
I disagree completely. There is nothing in the rear end that monitors the condition of the rear end. In your case it had to be a coincident. Maybe if you had a bad wheel sensor or somthing like that, but not with the gearing in the rear.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I found the invoice where they diagnosed and ordered the part to fix my problem. Evidently it is a known issue; they did not indicate any TSB. The part they ordered was 32006-7S160, SWITCH COML-4TH. It cost $21.67 and it did fix the problem when it was installed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts