Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
... another Chebby driver get’s dusted by a Titan, but the young man gave props and will probably be buyin' a Titan now... School let's out in my neighborhood, and what appears to be a senior is pulling out on to the 2 lane divided street... He's driving a blue 03-04ish Chebby double cab, looked level w/ 33's on stock wheels, looking very clean... All his four windows are down and I can hear the tweeters blaring with some alternative music about to blow up his speakers... I happen to be in the outer lane (#2 lane) as he pulls out in front of me into the inner lane (#1 lane). I cruise along side his ride and he seems like he just pulls a bit ahead of me, not wanting to make eye contact so I can give him the "what the fu(k kinda' turn was that?" look... The upcoming intersection is red so we both pull up to the crosswalk line, both in front of other cars but no one ahead of either of us... I give him the look he deserved for cutting me off earlier, and notice that as he glimpses at me, he reaches for his stereo and turns his rambling music even louder... I place my transmission into N and give him a few revs, as he nods and looks straight forward, as if ignoring me... Of course, I know what he's thinking... "I'm gonna burn this guy in that Jap truck..." Needless to say, he tried... the light turns green and sure enough, he gets on it and spins his tires, screeching loudly but not going anywhere fast... As I am chuckling at his stupidity (cold tires), I manually downshift into 2nd gear, lay my gas pedal on the floor... with no tire screech, off I go through first and into 2nd gear... the poor chebby fell at least 1 1/2 lengths behind, but still tried to pull up with only losing more ground... This block that we were driving on is a 1/4 mile block with a stop sign at the next major intersection, so I figure at about 1/8th mark (around 65ish) I'll slow down and see if this guy wants to try again... He catches up and pulls alongside me and messes with his stereo again, while I'm stopped looking for an ignorant look... The young whippersnapper leans in my direction and yells, "man that's fast... I'm gonna buy one of those..." I tell him thanks, give him the peace sign and ask him if he wants another run... He says, "yeah! but let me jump first..." I tell him, go ahead... As he guns it again, this time only minor tire spin, I again lay my pedal down when his tailgate is at my hood... he did better this time, but I pulled even at the other side of the intersection and pulled a length ahead on him between the 1/8th and 1/4 mark... I again slowed for the next intersection, but he caught the left turn right before the stop sign... As I'm checking my driver's mirror, I see his hand wave and what appears to be a thumbs up, (unless it was the bird, but doubt it)... well, hopefully this youngster will take his lesson today and make the right decisions in life... "Buy a Titan, 'cause it aint your father's Chebby!!!" :jester:

·
Registered
754 Posts
nice story and kill, this one dude at my school I heard tell one of my friends let me know of anyone wants to race me, I turned and said hey tell him id race with him, I told him I had a titan then he dropped the story:jester:

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
unknowntimeline said:
ill race whenever and if i lose well i lose
it's not about "well I lose..." it's about respect for something that isn't being thought of as a competitor... heck, I'm sure a local Lightning guy posted on his boards that he had spanked my @$$ one late night last week... I was cooking down the road, saw him fly up behind me, and when we slow rolled the next light, he opened up and before I knew it, he was at least 1/8th in front of me before I even got to 65mph... "I respected that!"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts