Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Supposed to pick up a set of General Grabbers tomorrow.....What do you guys think...Red letters out= gay?......I've always run black wall out in the past, but the red letters do look kind of cool....Please don't hold back now....:)

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I like the red letters, they look really good to me, especially on a truck like yours they give it that prerunner look even more

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
I say rock the red out.

·
Registered
801 Posts
red out is the only way

·
Registered
984 Posts
The red is really catchy. Saw them in person recently and liked them a lot.

·
Registered
79 Posts
i agree with you all that the red out looks good (on certain applications). but beware, the red scrapes off and scuffs easily if you hit a rock or curb or anything that comes in contact with the sidewall of the tire. then the red letters that we think look so good wont be looking so good after all.

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
With your setup, red would look cool! A lowered truck=:gay:

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
but beware, the red scrapes off and scuffs easily if you hit a rock or curb or
...Actually that's not true for the Grabbers, the red letters are placed in the tire mold before the the rest of the tire carcass is loaded up and heated...The letters are red all the way thru...

·
Registered
712 Posts
Rock the Red Lou that will look awesome on your rig. I was going to get the grabbers to run red out but got to smoking of a deal on my KM2's

·
Registered
79 Posts
here is straight off the general tire website...
Grabber SRL – Red Letter Care Instructions and other Information

"What not to do with the Grabber red lettering:

Do not use gas, alcohol or petroleum based solvents.
Do not use direct high-pressure water.
Avoid rough brushes or any other abrasive materials.
Red Lettering does age during service and may change slightly in appearance:

If hit by debris or curbs, the red lettering may show areas of damage.
In the case of noticeable discoloration, the red lettering should be cleaned with special car cleaners designed for rubber and plastics.
Apply small amount of cleaner on soft towel and carefully wipe evenly over the red lettering"

and heres some pics of damage to the red letters after going through rocks...(keep in mind this is only 1 trip through the rocks, more trips out will certainly produce more damage)

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Yeh I agree it does look kinda kool but if it's gonna peel off and fade to pink then I would just go with grabber II's and a blackwall, plus they're cheaper than grabbers...ur just payin extra for that sticker IMO...

But as a few others have said it's up to u cuz it's ur ride bro..

Reactions: CMFF

·
Registered
163 Posts

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
was told last week by a General rep that the red is actually a sticker and can be taken off with a heat gun(the shop is doing this with their race tires on the TT). I know a few guys in Texas have the red out on their Raptors and the stickers are wearing down from the sun and turning pink(now that's gay).
This was brought to my attention because of how bad it looks on my Sport Trac even with the red being on the inside.
no kidding!...Thanks for the pics Nixonnow.....

I saw a small thing on TV where they (General Tire) where showing how they make the tire and they made a deal out of the fact that the letters were red rubber already molded and placed into the tire mold as I already posted....That's where my poor intell came from....

....Now about that bag of d*cks......In the past I've been of the same mind..If they're going to pay me, then I'll advertise otherwise it's black wall out...I don't look the looks of white letters anyway...

Here's how I'm looking right now:
The red does have a cool factor, BUT not a cheap sidewall sticker....So it looks like once you go black you never go back...

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
I was told last week by a General rep that the red is actually a sticker and can be taken off with a heat gun(the shop is doing this with their race tires on the TT). I know a few guys in Texas have the red out on their Raptors and the stickers are wearing down from the sun and turning pink(now that's gay).
This was brought to my attention because of how bad it looks on my Sport Trac even with the red being on the inside.

Personally I think having colored letters out is gayer than a bag of d*cks. I can't stand it and think it makes any truck look like sh*t. Now if General was paying me I would do it, but not without a fight.

With that being said, its you're truck, you're choice
no kidding!...Thanks for the pics Nixonnow.....

I saw a small thing on TV where they (General Tire) where showing how they make the tire and they made a deal out of the fact that the letters were red rubber already molded and placed into the tire mold as I already posted....That's where my poor intell came from....

....Now about that bag of d*cks......In the past I've been of the same mind..If they're going to pay me, then I'll advertise otherwise it's black wall out...I don't look the looks of white letters anyway...

Here's how I'm looking right now:
The red does have a cool factor, BUT not a cheap sidewall sticker....So it looks like once you go black you never go back...
:huh:.....:eek:......:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well this story has a fu*ked up ending.....I drive 70+ miles one way to buy these tires found thru classifieds.....I spoke to the owner yesterday and asked about the tires, he assures me they're Grabbers and the only have about 100 miles of pre-running in soft dirt, they're in like new condition...He asks what I'm going to putting them on (my chase/prerunner/DD) and hes says they'll be perfect!....I ask him "They're NOT short course tires, right?".......He says no...

Smart guys already know this ending....His very nice wife meets me with a SUV full of.......COOR type short course tires!!!!!

F-ing useless!......I'm still mad......I'm out about $50 just in gas.....

...uh....how was your Saturday?.....

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well this story has a fu*ked up ending.....I drive 70+ miles one way to buy these tire found thru classifieds.....I spoke to the owner yesterday and asked about the tires, he assures me they're Grabbers and the only have about 100 miles of pre-running in soft dirt, they're in like new condition...He asks what I'm going to putting them on (my chase/prerunner/DD) and hes says they'll be perfect!....I ask him "They're NOT short course tires, right?".......He says no...

Smart guys already know this ending....His very nice wife meets me with a SUV full of.......COOR type short course Grabber tires!!!!!

F-ing useless!......I'm still mad......I'm out about $50 just in gas.....

...uh....how was your Saturday?.....

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Damn that sucks bro!!... Oh well take a breather,have. a Cold one or 10 and call it a day!... ;)

If it helps I'll have a few for u here in Oklahoma city! :)

·
Registered
364 Posts
That sucks about the tires being wrong for you. On the same note, when you do find a set, you'll love them! I have them on the Black&Tan and there awesome, I have posted on here before about them comparede to ALL the other tires I have physically driven on, and they are by far the best. As long as you dont rock crawl with them and literally rub them against the rocks repeatedly, the red will stay just fine. a little 409 sprayed on them and a rag, and they look good as new.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts