Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight may be my last night to own my 2004 CC Titan. She's been an amazing truck now for 7 years. I couldn't have asked more out of her. She gave me 235,000 miles of pure enjoyment. Yep, tomorrow I will hopefully be the owner of a new 2011 Titan!! Headed up to Dallas to do some truck shopping and I'm hoping I can get a good deal on a 2011 model since they are getting the 12's in. I haven't even looked at Titan's since I bought mine so I had no idea that they changed from SE's to SV's and etc? Also, I am surprised to see that the sticker price has gone up 4K on a base mid-line Titan. Why do a lot of the SV's not come with chrome door handles and mirrors? Anyways, I will let you guys know how it goes!! Wish me luck! :bump::)

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
good luck brother:redblob" those miles on your 04 keep me hopeful i wont need a new one for 100k more.:)

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! How much are people paying these days for a base SV? Sticker price is around 32K.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I just got an 08, but was looking at new. I remember 2. One was a 2011 pro 4x lifted for 48, yea big lift I think 12inch. Than I found a 2011 Heavy Metal chrome with rimes and tires for 38.. So if you go stock you should be good under 35...... Maybe, Just saying what I saw..

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well guys, I am the proud owner of a brand new 2011 Nissan Titan!!! I got a CC SV Red Alert w/Utility package as well as some other bells and whistles. I couldn't believe the difference when I test drove it compared to my 04! The 11 drives like a cadillac compared to my older T. The power is also a lot smoother as well as a much much better overall brake package. I actually had to leave the truck at the dealer since I have all kinds of expensive stereo equipment in the 04 that I have to uninstall before I take it back up there tomorrow to trade. I will post pics when I get the chance!! :bump::):redblob"

Reactions: RxZ and J.Bahde

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well guys, I am the proud owner of a brand new 2011 Nissan Titan!!! I got a CC SV Red Alert w/Utility package as well as some other bells and whistles. I couldn't believe the difference when I test drove it compared to my 04! The 11 drives like a cadillac compared to my older T. The power is also a lot smoother as well as a much much better overall brake package. I actually had to leave the truck at the dealer since I have all kinds of expensive stereo equipment in the 04 that I have to uninstall before I take it back up there tomorrow to trade. I will post pics when I get the chance!! :bump::):redblob"
Congrats!! Enjoy and yes, definitely take some pics! :)
:hat:

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, I am really loving this new Titan! You can't beat that new car smell. It's kinda resparked that Titan fever! LOL!

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
congrats man:hat:... where are the pics:confused:

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LOL, I'm getting to that. I have some pics on my iPhone. I need to save them to my computer and put them on here. I will try later tonight after my softball game :)

·
Registered
827 Posts
Congrats on the new truck! I wish I needed a truck, I would love to still have my Red Alert '09!

Reactions: Kalani938

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I really like the Red Alert. It came down to that or the white. Is it just me or do the new Titan's sit higher off the ground? There is a noticeable difference when I get in and out of my new T that it is higher. It seems like they lifted the front end to match the rear end better?

·
Registered
827 Posts
The 4x4's are higher due to longer front springs, I do not know about the 2wd models though.

·
Registered
74 Posts
What kinda deal did they cut you? Did you get the 2 or 4x4?
I have been playing with the idea of getting an '11 4x4. Just don't know if that makes sense for me. My 04 has served me well since I got it and I only have 72,000 miles on it.
Congrats on the new ride!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah, the only reason I traded mine in for an 11' is because I had 235K on it and I could tell it was about to need a few days in the shop. They gave me a 1.9 APR along with other rebates. They also "said" they gave me 7K for my trade-in, which was only worth about $3,500 or so. Car Max said they would only give me 3K for my 04'. The big thing that caught my attention was that the dealership I bought it from (Ft Worth Nissan) also included a lifetime powertrain warranty for free. With as many miles as I drive a year, that was huge for me :) Oh yeah, my new T is 2WD.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Congratulations on the new T. You can't beat the new vehicle smell. I'm still surprised at how much I love jumping in and driving it.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I really like the Red Alert. It came down to that or the white. Is it just me or do the new Titan's sit higher off the ground? There is a noticeable difference when I get in and out of my new T that it is higher. It seems like they lifted the front end to match the rear end better?
I believe the springs on all the 08+ trucks are about an 1" taller than the same springs on the earlier trucks for both the 2wd and 4wd trucks. I'm sure the fact that they are new springs instead of springs with 200K+ miles on them factors in as well.

At any rate, congrats on the new truck. Hope you get out of it what you got out of your 04!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah it brings a smile to my face everytime I see that bright red and then smell that new T smell :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts