Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have factory suspension on my 2010 SE at the moment with a 2.5" strut spacers. What perch should I run the 5100's on and should I keep the spacers or ditch them? My new tires I will also be installing are 275/70/18

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Since you have 2.5" spacers now, I'm going to assume either you have aftermarket UCAs or you're fine with coil bucket contact. Either way, you can use the 2.5" spacer, or you can use the lifted settings on the 5100, but not both, since the lowest setting on the 5100 is 1", and 1+2.5=3.5, which is more lift than is advisable without a drop bracket style lift. If you buy different spacers, you could use the 2" setting on the 5100, and a 1" spacer, or the 1" setting on the 5100, and a 2" spacer. Either combination gives a total of 3" of lift which is the limit for spacer lifts on the T.

With 275/70r18 (which was the OEM size on the Pro4X of that same year), since the tires will fit without a lift of any sort, I'd think you'd be fine with the 5100s on the lowest setting and your 2.5" spacers. Won't change your look any, but will work just fine.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Since you have 2.5" spacers now, I'm going to assume either you have aftermarket UCAs or you're fine with coil bucket contact. Either way, you can use the 2.5" spacer, or you can use the lifted settings on the 5100, but not both, since the lowest setting on the 5100 is 1", and 1+2.5=3.5, which is more lift than is advisable without a drop bracket style lift. If you buy different spacers, you could use the 2" setting on the 5100, and a 1" spacer, or the 1" setting on the 5100, and a 2" spacer. Either combination gives a total of 3" of lift which is the limit for spacer lifts on the T.

With 275/70r18 (which was the OEM size on the Pro4X of that same year), since the tires will fit without a lift of any sort, I'd think you'd be fine with the 5100s on the lowest setting and your 2.5" spacers. Won't change your look any, but will work just fine.
Decided to ditch the 2.5" spacers all together and in addition to the 5100's run Maxtrac 4" lift spindles. If I am not mistaken, this will put me a 4" of lift total even on the lowest setting of the 5100's correct? In this case will I need a block in the rear to level out my truck? If so what size? Thanks for your help!

Edit.. If I need a block in the rear, will the 5100 still work in the back? Or would I need to go with something longer like a 5125?

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
If you go up 4" in front, you'll either be nose-up, or have to have a block in the back. If you go over 1" in the back, you'll need a longer shock (the 5125 of the correct length for how high you go).

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you go up 4" in front, you'll either be nose-up, or have to have a block in the back. If you go over 1" in the back, you'll need a longer shock (the 5125 of the correct length for how high you go).
Ok thank you, do you by chance know how big of a block would be needed on a 2010 in the rear to sit level with 4" up front?

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have decided to go with the following setup..
  • Maxtrac 4" spindles
  • 5100's up front on lowest perch
  • 5125's in the back
  • 2" blocks in the back

1 - 7 of 7 Posts