Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did some checking around before posting my concern. I live in NW Washington and it is cool and wet right now. One thing I have noticed about this truck over previous vehicles (mostly GM) is the amount of condensation on the interior windshield surface in the mornings, or even after work (8-10 hours sitting). My truck is parked outside 100% of the time, but I have to keep a microfiber cloth in my truck to dry off the windshield some mornings. I pulled up the carpet on the passenger side the other day and everything was clean and dry.

Any Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Your vent isn't shutting when the truck turns off? A few seconds after you shut the truck off you should hear a slight buzzing and possible click of the vent shutting. Other than that possibly an opening somewhere or leak in a seal, maybe around the windshield. I've never had condensation on the inside unless I left a window open and mine's outside 100% of the time as well.

·
Registered
422 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Mine leaked around the high mount stop lamp above the headliner. Might check there. Fixed mine with some silly-cone in the holes.

·
Registered
54 Posts
open all of the doors and check the drain holes, my driver side was plugged up before and when I knocked the dirt out of it like a gallon of water came out.

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
Are you sure underneath the carpet is dry? This carpet is rubber backed and I recently had this issue and the padding was soaked from the cabin vent behind the rear seats leaking and some body seals that were not sealed from the factory on the back wall of the cabin. Others have found the same thing so it's not a isolated issue.

Attachments

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
Unsealed body seams. Water was coming in from the rear wall on both sides and traveling to the front due to the rake of the truck.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts