Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well... Time has come that I trade in my beloved Titan for something a little more economical. With gas prices going up and showing no sign of stoping... I have made the decision to trade in my Titan. I'm still gonna stay in the Nissan family. Probably a Exterra or Pathfinder. I know I won't gain a ton of mileage, but anything will help. I have been getting 250 miles to a tank.

Other than the gas mileage I love that stinking truck!!! :(

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
We have a v6 Altima and we can get 525 to 550 miles out of a tank. Too bad they don't make that car in a wagon variant.

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
Will it really be that beneficial? You will still have a car payment, still have gas and up keep. So now you will have a new debt, instead of an almost paid off truck. I don't see how you really come out ahead. Somebody might to realign my logic though????

PS: I want that PRG leveling kit if you are getting rid of the truck. :cheers:

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
My 2006 Xterra got worse mileage then my Titan but it was a blast while I owned it. Had an 06 Altima and it was a polished turd. I will never own a 2.5l altima again.

·
Premium Member
3,301 Posts
vipzach said:
Will it really be that beneficial? You will still have a car payment, still have gas and up keep. So now you will have a new debt, instead of an almost paid off truck. I don't see how you really come out ahead. Somebody might to realign my logic though????

You're correct. It's cheaper to keep what you already own.

Clint

·
Registered
84 Posts
Cheaper to Keep. Just figure what TAX and new tags will cost. Divide that by the 3-5mpg better you could hope to get, Probably take you years to recover difference. By then you got a paid of truck.

·
Vendor
32,925 Posts
its that time of year again, gas goes up people sell there trucks. When gas goes down there back whining that they got rid of there Titan and shouldn't have. We'll see a good # of these threads from now to Sept.

bfiii.. good luck. I would see if there is some kind of extra thing you like ( bars,cigs,games,etc..) you could cut back on while the gas is spiking. Getting an SUV will not help all that much with the gas mileage.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
P's Titan said:
its that time of year again, gas goes up people sell there trucks. When gas goes down there back whining that they got rid of there Titan and shouldn't have. We'll see a good # of these threads from now to Sept.

bf111... good luck. I would see if there is some kind of extra thing you like ( bars,cigs,games,etc..) you could cut back on while the gas is spiking. Getting an SUV will not help all that much with the gas mileage.
It dont get no more real than that^^^^^!!!!

·
Registered
511 Posts
vipzach said:

Yes, well put. Gas is a dollar more a gallon than it was when everyone was OK with the price of a gallon @ $2.33/gal. You have an awesome vehicle that stands at the top of the heap(pun intended) of all the other manufacturers. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater:hi:

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
it will take a long while to offset your costs to see a real savings. btw, your mileage will not improve as much as you think it might.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Ahh....Glad mine is payed off.

My little poem to the gas pump:
4 door,
payments I have no more.......

·
Registered
172 Posts
bfiii12 said:
Well... Time has come that I trade in my beloved Titan for something a little more economical. With gas prices going up and showing no sign of stoping... I have made the decision to trade in my Titan. I'm still gonna stay in the Nissan family. Probably a Exterra or Pathfinder. I know I won't gain a ton of mileage, but anything will help. I have been getting 250 miles to a tank.

Other than the gas mileage I love that stinking truck!!! :(
Actually...reports have said that May is the "peak" month this year with prices beginning to start reducing, or at the very least, stagnate for the rest of the summer.

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
Nutdotnet said:
Actually...reports have said that May is the "peak" month this year with prices beginning to start reducing, or at the very least, stagnate for the rest of the summer.
Man I hope that is true!!! I doubt it though, I just the other day (on TV) that gas prices would probably be around $4/gallon this summer. :wtf:

·
Registered
360 Posts
I'm so glad that Texas is trying to pass a bill that would cut the state tax out of gas (20 cents a gallon) over the summer months... It would be nice. Hope it happens.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
bfiii,

Getting a SUV might not save you much in gas mileage.

As for gas prices going down, down to what is the question.

I would imagine gas prices will go down next year for sure with the big election.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Like everyone else has said... you won't save anything by trading. You won't get better gas mileage and will hate the fact that you now own something lower on the food chain! Good luck with your decision.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts