Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so like it says windows will be tinted this afternoon, what do i tell him to do? I want it to be dark but dont want a ticket and I dont want to have to roll down my windows to back up at night! oh and i want it to look the same all the way around.

thanks guys and let me know asap! im heading over there in an hour.

·
Premium Member
75,666 Posts
i had them add 15% to the front to match the rears.

it's not an exact match from the inside though, the stock tint is more amber and the aftermarket is more blue. from the outside you can't tell. spring for the windshield strip too, wish I did!

·
Premium Member
58,625 Posts
I did 20% on mine. It's definitely lighter than the back but legally I'm only allowed 35%. I'm figuring that I'm an old fart and cops are not going to give as much trouble as some young buck.

·
Registered
358 Posts
x2 on what DeadRiver said

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
I just had mine done. Some companies call it 20% (allows 20% light in) where others 20% will block 20% so.....darkness may differ. I wanted the 35% but by the time all my friends and neighbors cars were done, (My guy does it here because I have radiant heated floors in the garage) all I could get was the 20%....which is almost a perfect match to the rears. They look great BUT.....there are times where I have to open the window to see while backing up at night. My suggestion would be to go a little lighter but that's just me and my 47 yr old eyes talking...lol.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
i had 20 and it was legit. i wanted it darker so i went 15 and it matched the rear BUT, cops will sweat you and it's harder to backup at nite without rollin the windows down.

·
Premium Member
75,666 Posts
I don't have any issues at night generally. I used to have one of those 7 pin back up lights in my receiver but my 3 year old helped me hitch up the trailer, gave it to him to hold (something to do to help daddy) and the next thing I know I'm up the road asking him "where'd you leave the light?"

My guess is he set it on the bumper :lol:

·
Registered
358 Posts
The more modded your truck is the more attention you'll get from cops. So it's safer to go with darker tint if you have a pretty stock truck. If you're modded heavily don't go to dark cuz the pigs will spot your truck out of a crowd. I had 5% on my old silverado and trust me, giving away $150 for dark tint is no fun.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
The more modded your truck is the more attention you'll get from cops. So it's safer to go with darker tint if you have a pretty stock truck. If you're modded heavily don't go to dark cuz the pigs will spot your truck out of a crowd. I had 5% on my old silverado and trust me, giving away $150 for dark tint is no fun.
he is in cali. No tint is authorized on the front windows.

That being said, I run 20% on the front

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Do 20 all the way around. Had 15 on my fronts and double 5 on my back and might as well have painted my rears haha. Cant see crap at night. But I would just do 20 all the way around

·
Premium Member
58,625 Posts
Pigs? This is inappropriate in my opinion.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Do 20 all the way around. Had 15 on my fronts and double 5 on my back and might as well have painted my rears haha. Cant see crap at night. But I would just do 20 all the way around
basicly what i have now. 15 on my fronts, 20 rear passenger doors and limo for the rear

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Here is what I did, 15% over the back OEM factory tint and 35% up front. It gives the affect that its darker up front because the light transparency is cut down dramatically behind the driver,but without the issues of seeing out at night.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I went 5% all around.I think he added 10 or 15 on top of what i already had in the back. I cant see **** backing up and have the 04' i wish i had the power back window but oh well. My window recently was busted out and im riding without tint now and it SUCKS.

I would go 20%, looks very dark and cant see who is in your truck but you can see an object. 35% is pretty lame in my opinion. I like to be able to eat gas station hot dogs and pick no nose w no worry of people seeing me

·
Registered
949 Posts
I took mine and had 20% all the way around, even over the oem tint on the rears and it makes the rears look about 5%. I need to go get the front done, I think im gonna get 50% all the way down and a 5% strip

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I decided to go 15% all the way around. Pics up soon and thanks so much everybody for your input!

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
maybe this means i just need a rearview camera haha

1 - 20 of 34 Posts