Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are the before and after pictures of my 08 Titan with Gibson Exhaust Part #61800. The removal of the stock exhaust was a breeze as was the installation of the new exhaust. Untill.....it came time to level and make each tip the the same height and length out the side. Great sound and pick up! I have always used Gibson on previous truck-1997 S-10, 2000 tahoe, 2005 Terra, and now my favorite 2008 Titan.

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
That looks amazing, I've been looking at the same exhaust for a while now and you're the first person I've seen to actually install it. Great Work

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
How much did that cost?

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
its looks like you got them pretty even. I'm not a fan of bolt on tips, if you get some extra cash try some 2 1/2" X 16" Silvertips. they look pretty good under my 04'. I'll see if I can find a pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
NICE. I really like the way they angle out at the side compared to straight back. Did you have to mess with the spare tire at all?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the compliments. Everything bolted on at the factory locations except for the rear hangers. Gibson includes a bracket that bolts to the frame to provide hangers just before the tips. I do need to cut off some of the pipe inside of the tips as they stick out too far. No big deal. Total cost was $499 at my local Desert Rat Offroad Center.

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
that does look nice but i agree you should cut a little off so they dont stick out quit as far...i've been looking to get this exact system for a while, but almost decided on jba..now i cant decide, cause some people said they didnt like the sound of the jba...i wonder how the performance compares between the two

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
That's how i have my tips coming out but they are in a little bit further. Mine is a muffler shop job though with a magnaflow muffler but i love when they come out at an angle instead of straight out the back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts