Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just had a Gibson Exhaust installed last week. I thought the truck sounded good before. It sounds a lot better now.

·
Super Moderator
35,632 Posts
Performance? Lose any low end torque? How much louder than stock? Mileage improvements when you have some miles on it would also be of interest. Someone else put it on for you, was it that complicated or ????
How's it look, got any photos? I'm sure others would like to hear what it sounds like too, perhaps you could do a sound clip?

Wow, what a bunch of selfish questions! Thanks for being the trailblazer, NotHis! :cheers:

37L1

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It feels faster and pulls harder. It's only a little louder than stock. We can't keep our foot out of it long enough for a mileage check. Someone else did the install and didn't complain, so it must have been easy. I'll have to do a sound clip in a few weeks.

Cost, have to ask, same with where.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Looked at the Gibson website, interesting how they document that their system enhances low end RPM's.
Appears like an alternative to the Banks. Anyone else thinking of buying the Gibson exhaust?

·
Registered
497 Posts
nice pics! thanks for posting them. looks like its 3 in mandrel bent all the way through like the banks.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Not His Titan said:
We just had a Gibson Exhaust installed last week. I thought the truck sounded good before. It sounds a lot better now.
What did you pay? Thanks.

·
Registered
497 Posts
performance wise they look the same, if all your worried about is sound then it would be alot easier to just buy a different muffler and sell just your muffler. im sure it would go really fast on ebay.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Although he won't tell me a price or place of purchase, he said it was a little cheaper than the Banks. (So, how much for the Banks?)

Sound, It's Louder during accel, but the noise is about the same while driving at a constant speed.

If you want a new system on the cheap, buy a Flowmaster Y pipe (It's just the Y only). My Husband says he had one on his old Ramcharger and it looked like the Gibson Y, and a Flowmaster muffler that is the same size as larger pipe and you will have a cheaper custom exhust.

·
Registered
51 Posts
rsmith44 said:
i might consider gibson if i can sell mines, i would like a little more sound, not as much as the banks. how loud is the gibson compared to the sound threads posted earlier. price? how is the droning noise compared to stock.
I had a Gibson catback on a 2000 Silverado and it was quieter overall than the Banks, slight drone at 50-55. Other than that quite civil. When I first put it on I remember it having LESS sound than I'd anticipated. If you can't deal with the Gibson sound you'd better not get any aftermarket system.

·
Registered
187 Posts
the gibson will be louder.although I cannot comfirm it for sure without hearing it,Every system I have put on by gibson was loud and obnoxious.Don't like that cheesy tip on there either,but that is my personal opinion

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you say so Jeep. The Gibson single I had on the Silverado was definitely quieter than the Banks I now have. To be honest I like the sound of the Banks, but the Gibson was in no way cheesy. It was quieter with just a slight rumble. I know there duals and sports exhausts are louder than the single swept side. Of course this was on the Chevy 5.3. The Gibson may be a whole different beast on the Titan.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Gibson Split Rear Duals Ordered

Just ordered Gibson exhaust from Cloud 9 Motorsports for my Titan.
Split rear duals (cause i like it loud :coolsmile ),
aluminized (cause I'm cheap :p ).
369.95 for titantalk members through the end of April.
I'll see how it goes...

Steve
Titan King Cab SE 4x4

·
Registered
823 Posts
bighawaii said:
nice pics! thanks for posting them. looks like its 3 in mandrel bent all the way through like the banks.
According to the ad the Gibson is a 2.5" mandrel bent system as is the JBA. This might be the ideal exhaust size as to limit the loss of low end torque that some of the Banks owners are talking about with the 3" setup. I like the looks of the one that Spetty just ordered, the dual outlet aluminized. C'mon Spetty, let's see some pics because I've got the FEVER!!!

·
Registered
497 Posts
2.5 is much closer to stock if not the same depending how they measured it. if you get duals your sort of working against that since they will really uncork the exhuast system. they probably sound loud and mean like the banks. :gunz:

·
Registered
9 Posts
JetForeman said:
According to the ad the Gibson is a 2.5" mandrel bent system as is the JBA. This might be the ideal exhaust size as to limit the loss of low end torque that some of the Banks owners are talking about with the 3" setup. I like the looks of the one that Spetty just ordered, the dual outlet aluminized. C'mon Spetty, let's see some pics because I've got the FEVER!!!
Hi JetForeman, still awaiting shipment from Cloud 9... I emailed them today asking for an update, it's been a week... Expected to have a tracking number by now at least. :crying:

·
Registered
823 Posts
spetty said:
Hi JetForeman, still awaiting shipment from Cloud 9... I emailed them today asking for an update, it's been a week... Expected to have a tracking number by now at least. :crying:
Hi Spetty, BH brings up a good point about the dual outlets lowering back pressure significantly but if it's 2.5" from the cats to the muffler (meaning "y" pipe) than I believe it should still provide enough backpressure to keep the low end torque loss to a minimum while providing excellent scavenging from the muffler on back. Good choice Spetty, I can't wait to hear how the system works out for you. I love the looks of duals and the sound!!!

Concerning the sound it might not be all that loud because looking at the pics the tips exit towards the rear bumper instead of pointing at the ground like the Banks. I bet this will help keep all the bark at the rear of the truck rather than in the truck.....HURRY!!!!!!!

·
Registered
823 Posts
Bubba said:
I'm trying to get a Gibson dual rear exit system right now... I hope it works good!!!!
Pictures are mandatory you know if you get one... :) I NEED to see this thing because I want to order one too. Please keep us posted..

Dale

·
Registered
9 Posts
hope to get my gibson system around the end of this month!

I ordered this exhaust (Gibson part #8200) april 27th... Eddie at Cloud 9 Motorsports,
www.cloud9motorsports.com/
advised it would ship direct from Gibson.. They've been telling him they are going to ship it every week since, but then it doesn't go out... Something to do w/ availability of the mufflers(?)...
Today Eddie told me, Gibson now says they will ship my exhaust next week... I hope they are for real this time!
To their credit, Cloud 9 and Eddie have been great.... fast responses to my inquiries... he has given me several options but at this point i might as well wait, can't find anyone else who has this system "in-stock".. and i've already waited a couple-three weeks...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts