Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only real reason I'd install a cat-back system is for the mileage increase. Gibson advertises theirs as being the quietest system adding only a couple of db, but they don't mention an mpg increase, but it makes sense to me that if Banks gets one so would they. Am I right??
Thanks.

·
Registered
187 Posts
well you are probably right.both will yield a bit of mileage increase most likely.The difference is everything else.Speaking from ALOT of personal experience and being very objective here,the banks kit is FAR superior in terms of quality,construction,ease of install and durability.Not necessarilly saying the gibson system is not decent,but you are not going to be comparing apples to apples here.Gibson has long been known to have fit problems with their exhaust (also personal experience),and they are generally louder than alot of the competition.Now,like I said being objective I have not seen this new system from them or heard it,but I do not expect they have increased their product quality by leaps and bounds over the last year when I installed one on a 97 chevy truck.PLus with what some of the nissan dealers here are offering the Banks kit for,it is a no brainer to get the Banks!..As you have read those of us who have installed it have loved what they got!..Nobody has tried the gibson and obviously it is not a hot item like the Banks kit.There is a reason for that!..Banks marketed right to the nissan dealers themselves where the trucks are sold and spent alot of $$ advertising the new system,has gibson?....not really!.Take my advise on this for what its worth;I have no doubt if you put the 2 systems side by side the Banks would be a lot nicer and would install on the vehicle MUCH better!

·
Registered
497 Posts
yes itll be the same providing gibsons setup includes all mandrel bent pipes up that bolt up to the cat and Y collector like banks's, having a gibson setup before im betting it does. dont quote me on that, not sure. they generaly are high quallity providing you buy their SS not Alu. Steel setup, though my prevoius setup had a pipe slightly bent at a obtuse angle. depending on the system you get from them, itll have diff. flow rates effecting mpg gains and db's. contact gibson for exact figures if they even have them yet specifally for the tiatan to see which system best suits your situation.

·
Registered
123 Posts
im sure all different gibson style's sound different but my friend has a chevy with the 5.3L with the "super truck" style where it has the side exit before rear tire and it has a very 'motor boat' effect to it at an idle and above about 4000 rpm it is VERY LOUD.

·
Registered
497 Posts
forgot to mention it was a dual out that came straight out the back and it was loud as hell, i thinks its listed as 1 under the super truck style but its still very loud. ironically their quietest system will most likey yeild the best results lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts