Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the story on Gibson?

I'm trying to decide if I want to go with the dual extreme cat-back system, but there isn't much on this forum about it.

Right now it's a toss up between Gibson and Banks...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want it to sound like a V8 without being obnoxious...

Rumble but little to no drone, and no CIS... I can't stand the sound of a cackling exhaust.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
My Gibson setup is pretty quiet (comparatively speaking), even after the headers went on. It does get loud at WOT, but I'd like a LOUDER exhaust at WOT while keeping the quieter dBs while driving normally, so I'm going to install a cutout before the muffler.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
i have banks and i love it. could be louder (resonator delete soon). to be honest ive never heard my truck from the outside other than at idle lol.

i did hear a gibson dual, side / side exit the other day and it sounded nice. pretty loud actually but idk what else he had either...just recognized the tips and layout.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have Banks and i love it. Its loud around 1800 RPM and at WOT and sounds good like a bad *** V8. IMO

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have a Banks Monster Exhaust. It has approx 100k miles on it. It is LOUD and has set some car alarms off. It does punish my ears on long trips, but it's a truck, not a caddy.

On the flip side, most people think it sounds bad azz.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
You can't beat a Titan w/ a Bank's CB for sound. Yes its loud, but only at 2500rpm's and ^.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Banks is still IMO the best sounding exhaust on a Titan.....go banks..you will not be dissapointed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts