Nissan Titan Forum banner

Gimmie Light bed kit **NIB**

71K views 577 replies 89 participants last post by  JB 
#1 · (Edited)
Ever wonder why our truck beds have little light and why you constantly get blinded by the cargo light? Well.............I'd like introduce the "Gimmie Light Bed Kit "This is a simple plug and play kit that is triggered when you open your Tailgate and has a convenient killswitch when you have a fully loaded bed or rolling with the tailgate down. This kit uses high intensity hyper white LED's which have a 11 year life (100,000 hr.) This kit also uses 3M adhesive. $80 for the Gimmie Light bed Kit. **NIB** & Prebuilt (crimp, plug n play) All kits come with free 2 day shipping. Special thanks to Gimmielub, 09Killer & DRTYAZN for helping with this kit. Other kits on the market have only 1/4 of what this baby carries. A total of 160 leds to fully light up your bed and not your face. Patent Pending as of 02/11/11

Gimmie Light Bed Kit

Utilitrack with extra 4 feet running across the third bar

My other work

**BEFORE 04-07**

**AFTER 04-07**

[/

LED Color changes (cluster, a/c controls, radio, window switches)

Glove box Kit

Video of the Gimmie Light and Falco Engine Bay Kit

Thanks for your interest & comments. Please let me know if you find this post useful!

See less See more
Reactions: lordmorgul
#2 ·
F*CK THAT LOOKS SICK! this weekend were doing mine if your free yeah??!

Reactions: JB
#8 · (Edited)
You got my number, hit me up friend!

Can I get mine in rasta colors?
Yes, I'll do it custom for you and I"ll post it up on the first page

Jon, another sick creation. i'll take of those too.
i'll take it in red
I got you BO$$! I have red in stock i just have to put it together

Is the first pic blue color. And second pic is white? Thanks. Awesome work!
They are both white. i dunno why it come out like that.

soooo.... um can i go over your house again? LOL nice! I'm going to have to add this one to the list of mods you've already done for me. On a side note, WTF i tried to tip JB and he wouldn't take it, he is doing this for little to no profit.
You know where i stay at. If i took the tip, it would defeat the purpose of one of the reasons why I'm doing this. I'm doing this for My truck crew's coverage (MODIFIED ADDICTIONS), experience, friendship, food, gas, materials, community service for titantalk.com & the most important tha love for the titan!

#4 ·
Jon, another sick creation. i'll take of those too.

#5 ·
i'll take it in red

#6 ·
Is the first pic blue color. And second pic is white? Thanks. Awesome work!

#12 ·
09Killer is getting his bed lined really soon. i think next week. I'll get back to you

Looks sweet! When the muscle interior is ready then ill have to swoop this and the bfalco mod. Gonna be Jimmy Neutronin it up!!
I'll be working on your custom request within 24-48 hours. This is getting way crazy! I'll see ya soon buddy!

:rockon Gonna have to get me one of these as well as I need some light in the bed since the Bakflip makes it impossible to see anything. Will it still work well with the utilitrac and, more specifically, with the utilitrac flipped upside down?
I was actually talking to DrtyAzn about this and will have to test it on GiimmieLub's 2011 Pro4x. I'll get back to you on this.

#13 ·
Damn Jon you're amazing bro! You do a lot of work for everyone and that is too cool man. I may pick up one of these kits soon, sounds like you do some good quality work and you take pride in what you do, that is hard to find in some people these days. Keep up the good work bro!

#20 ·
:::Bowing::: thank you thank you. When ever you are ready just let me know. Thanks for for your continued support

will it work with utilitrac? i was just thinking the other day how sweet it would be to hide some strips behind the rails to shine down in the bed. I think it would block a lot of light though the way i was planning on doing it.
Yes this will work but but will have a smaller light range. I'll get back to you once DrtyAzn puts his kit on. Check out post #14

Awesome job. You da man. I think I'm gonna have to hit you up for the motor compartment lights then this later on.
One question thought, where does it plug into??
The killswitch and spring trigger switch is mounted under the rubber stopper for the tail gate. Relay is mounted behind RH taillight and power runs under and along your stock wiring harness straight to your battery. When you drop your tailgate the lights turn on

Wicked work man! I have a buddy that has a Ram with this light set up. He has it wired into the cargo light tho. Would that be hard to do with these strips? I was thinking about doing this as well. Should be easy to wire to the tail light cargo light?? Is it possible to wire in for the lights to come on when the gate is down or the cargo light is on?? With my Truxedo this would be awesome to have!! Great Kit! I love it on my buddy's Ram!!
Thanks so much for you support. This is exactly what i was talking about. I can't let the domestic trucks have all the fun now. Mounting the lights to the the cargo shouldn't be an issue. This was actually my next project. This kit already comes with the tailgate feature. Tailgate open/light is on & tailgate closed/light off. This kit also comes with a kill switch. I unplugged my third break light bed lights. (3rd break still works)

#15 ·
will it work with utilitrac? i was just thinking the other day how sweet it would be to hide some strips behind the rails to shine down in the bed. I think it would block a lot of light though the way i was planning on doing it.

#21 · (Edited)
Yeah, I already went through the mental installation and noticed that the recessed areas below and behind the tracks looked promising, but greatly limit light dispersement... It would good if you mount sectional strips facing inwards, but the strips will need to be below the bottom edge of the track, for the light to effectively illuminate the bed, but it will be plainly visible and prone to being hit by loose loads. ... doing this will also peresent the challenge of having to affix the strips to the OEM bedliner (not a smooth flat surface like the rail or track itself. We'll see how JB resolves Gimmie's utility bed challenge...

#16 ·
Awesome job. You da man. I think I'm gonna have to hit you up for the motor compartment lights then this later on.

One question thought, where does it plug into??

#17 ·
Oh yeah, nice late night infomercial ad. Needed a laugh, good job.

#19 ·
Wicked work man! I have a buddy that has a Ram with this light set up. He has it wired into the cargo light tho. Would that be hard to do with these strips? I was thinking about doing this as well. Should be easy to wire to the tail light cargo light?? Is it possible to wire in for the lights to come on when the gate is down or the cargo light is on?? With my Truxedo this would be awesome to have!! Great Kit! I love it on my buddy's Ram!!

#22 · (Edited)
The issue with piggy-backing the power with the third brake light or tailgate cargo light is that they have a limited duration of illumination unless you 1) remember to turn on the cargo light switch in the cab before getting out and walking back to the bed... Or 2) keep a door open (tailgate down will not keep OEM cargo lights on) to keep the cargo light illuminated, but you will also have the interior cab lights on, dinging notice that door is ajar, Etc. Etc. Etc...

Soooo in an effort to minimize the difficulty of install and maximize the ease of use... after several telephone conversations along with mental pictures being sent via ESP... JB determined that project would be best as a stand alone light kit, with a tailgate operated pressure switch, along with an interior bed mounted kill switch. That way, if you are hauling your quad, dirt bikes, roll of carpet, scud missile, or whatever requires the tailgate down... you can turn the bed light off and not worry about wasting those precious 100,000 light hours...

#23 ·
:::::Crowd Clapping::::: Let's hear it for the LED spokesman!.............. I can't hear you!

::::Englishman's voice:::: Well put jolly ol chap! :teethmast

#24 ·
Draw up a diagram for us non wiring wizards. Hahahaha

#33 ·
LMAO i will for sure. it will be easier for me as well.

If you have the cargo lights built into the tail lights, can't you just tap onto those wires?
A lot work as it is. You will be able to tap it yourself since this won't be in the pre wired kit. Every kit will include a kill switch and can be used as an on/off switch.

you could.. but they dont stay on very long after you close the door on the truck. that was my plan was to jump off them and run some LED strips under the utilitracks.
This is why i didn't tap into the cargo light. i ended removing the cargo light bulbs and Giimmielub is coming by with a friend with a F150 tonight. i will be installing on both the utilitrack and rhinolined. keep you up dated.

You have the cargo light switch in the cab as well you could use, but they obviously wouldn't come on automatically when the tailgate drops...personally, I'd be fine with a manual switch, either way, it's an awesome idea :thumbsup:
When i get bored I'll end up trying to figure out how to get the the cargo switch and pressure switch to both trigger the LED's

Ya, me and wiring don't get along to well.......:ftard: HAHA! Sounds like that exactly what I would do. You would just swap out the kill switch with a three way toggle? Where would be the best place to put the toggle then to you think?
No worry on the wiring skills cause the kit will come prewired. Just plug and play. I'll post a picture later on where i put my toggle switch.

#28 ·
To save wiring from the battery to the tail light... and maybe a couple of bucks (pressure and toggle switch), then all you need to do is splice the power into the OEM tailgate light. For those who do not have the utility bed lighting, you will have to tap into the wiring harness running along the door sill...

Yes, you can eliminate the pressure switch from the whole scheme of things by not even installing it (or ask JB to not wire it in) and just run the manual switch. Again, it's just for the convenience of not having to turn on a switch when lights will automatically come on when the tailgate is opened...

In fact, all this has led me to find the perfect spot for the rear mounting of my undercarriage lighting... ;) mental note made!

#29 ·
I think this bed wiring is a great idea and love the pressure switch idea. Makes sense with my box cover to have a pressure switch on the tailgate cuz I have to drop that to get under it!:teethmast There must be a way to wire in the cargo switch as well, like an over ride. That way if I have the cover rolled up I could still flip them on with out dropping the gate. Just as an option.

This is definalty added to the TO DO list!!

#32 ·
Ya, me and wiring don't get along to well.......:ftard: HAHA! Sounds like that exactly what I would do. You would just swap out the kill switch with a three way toggle? Where would be the best place to put the toggle then to you think?

#35 ·
The bed kits? If yes, the first set of systems were finished today.
I just finished a custom job for someone. Tell me what you guys think. :eyebrow:

:rolleyes: :rofl:

Reactions: RobKar
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.