Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used Glare autopolish? My friend was telling me that you only need to put it on once every 5 years. I went to there website and it looks pretty good. Should I get some or is there something better? Heres the site autopolish.net/default.asp

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
I wouldn't trust any "wax" to last that long personally but I haven't tried it. If anyones' used the new Turtle Wax ICE clear polish, let me know what you think about it. I wasn't impressed.
Just got it havnt done the whole truck yet. Other people say to use their Detail Spray right after to get rid of the greese feel and it shines nice. I DID use it on the black plastic parts and it works VERY well. I used it on the back bib, Door pillers and top of plastic bed rails, and they are nice and black again, and not sticky to collect dust like the Mothers Back to Black

·
Registered
183 Posts
Normally when something sounds too good to be true.......
but I haven't ever talked with anyone that's used it before.

I have been using Zaino (felt the need to splurge and try some expensive polish right after I first got my shiny new Titan) and I will say that it really does give a great shine and was still beading water like a champ after 6 months which is the longest I have let it go before reapplying. I could easily go longer but I enjoy giving my truck a good polish every now and then.

·
Premium Member
3,350 Posts
Zaino products are great. They need to be applied above a certain temp. or they won't dry. I spoke to them and because I'm in NJ my application window is smaller than you out on CA.

Clint

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I dont think I would trust it to last that long either, and I think it says it protects for 5 years. My friend just did his lex and it looks really nice, I think im going to give it a try. Maybe reapply after a year.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
I wax mine a few times a year with NXT, I don't think any wax will last too long, it might protect that long, but it won't stay on the truck. At least not mine!

Leadsled, the detail spray worked well on your plastics or the wax?

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I dont have the detailer yet. The wax they actually call A polish. I have the clear LIQUID POLISH, although they make a paste as well. I guesss their polish is a wax

·
Registered
62 Posts
Don't believe the 5 year claim. The longest lasting polish would probably last 6 months. Wax does not last long either. I think wax starts to dissipate around 90 degrees.
Turtle wax Ice is ok if you need a quicky shine but it is kinda oily.

The last 5 years I have tried about 40 different waxes and polishes (on my Corvettes and Titan). I found most products pretty good and the one for you choose is just personal preference.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts